General Success!! And Thanks to the Forum!

Currently reading:
General Success!! And Thanks to the Forum!

dangfiat

Just a quick note to say a BIG THANKS to everyone on this forum!!

Got my starter installed (sacrificed my forearms skin to the Fiat gods!). Car fires right up

Rebuilt the carb, retimed, checked valve lash and..... finally added the tube going from the valve cover to the aircleaner

Everything seems to be running well. Idles at about 1000, can go lower but the generator light comes on.

Fires up cold well, but have to keep the choke on for a 1/2-1 minute or so. Fires up hot.

SO: Thanks all. Finally can drive it down to DMV to register it!

Took it to the grocery store and parked amongst the SUVs & Pickups

Daniel

1679802844696.png

Just a quick note to say a BIG THANKS to everyone on this forum!!

Got my starter installed (sacrificed my forearms skin to the Fiat gods!). Car fires right up

Rebuilt the carb, retimed, checked valve lash and..... finally added the tube going from the valve cover to the aircleaner

Everything seems to be running well. Idles at about 1000, can go lower but the generator light comes on.

Fires up cold well, but have to keep the choke on for a 1/2-1 minute or so. Fires up hot.

SO: Thanks all. Finally can drive it down to DMV to register it!

Took it to the grocery store and parked amongst the SUVs & Pickups

Daniel

View attachment 420657
Looking good :).
Off hand I don't know the recommended idle speed is on your motor, however regarding the dynamo charging light, assuming everything else is good, an old auto electrician told me me where fitting a dynamo to a slow revving engine by increasing slightiy the wattage of the warning light it was possible to make it start charging earlier.
Has any one else heard of that trick?

Back