Technical Sub wiring

Currently reading:
Technical Sub wiring

I posted this in ICE a week ago and got no response so I am hoping maybe someone here will know. We are trying to fit a sub to my sons Bravo, but can't figure out where to run the wire from the battery. Where is it safe to drill? This sub was previously in a Stilo and there was a hole with a grommet that was really easy to get out, but we cant find anything like that on this car. Any advice would be much appreciated.

You can take the 12v feed from the fusebox in the cabin. Just find where the big gauge red cable comes in the fusebox and bolt your amp's feed under it.

Make sure the sub's fuse is in the fuse box's side of the wire.

Thanks, but I can't seem to see anything, there is a very limited view of the fuse box from inside the car, do you have a picture of what I need to be looking for?

You can find the main 12v lead either on the user manual or eLearn. Sorry I'm a bit too busy to look for the elearn cd right now :(

BTW, if you don't have the elearn software for the bravo, you should get it right now, it will be useful on many more occasions.

I've looked through the manual (read every item in the index) and cannot find anything that pertains to the 12v lead, the info on the cigar lighter/current outlet is minimal to say the least, and fuse box diagram only tells me what the fuses do.

I'm really confused, this has never been so difficult in any other car.

I did find a little white box near the fuses that says 12v on it, but I am scared to take it off incase there is something important inside... could it be in there?
Is there any easier way to get to the fuse box; does the glove box come out easily.

I don't have the elearn but will this really give me any more info than the manual?

I've got a sub in my car too and I know for a fact the guy wired from my fuse box inside the car. I could check for you if I have time exactly where.

I've looked through the manual (read every item in the index) and cannot find anything that pertains to the 12v lead, the info on the cigar lighter/current outlet is minimal to say the least, and fuse box diagram only tells me what the fuses do.

I'm really confused, this has never been so difficult in any other car.

I did find a little white box near the fuses that says 12v on it, but I am scared to take it off incase there is something important inside... could it be in there?
Is there any easier way to get to the fuse box; does the glove box come out easily.

I don't have the elearn but will this really give me any more info than the manual?

You'll need to get you head right up and under the rear of the fuse box.

I gave up trying to find somewhere on my Bravo to pull the wiring from the battery through, so as I've only a small sub I've safely piggy banked it off of an existing fuse :)

Back