Technical sub install standard head unit

Currently reading:
Technical sub install standard head unit

My cousin has his amp and sub connected to the original head unit with a RCA line converter but through the sub i can still hear voice? Is this normal when using line converters? and the sound quality defiantly isnt as good at the set up i had in my last car with a proper sub pre out.
I was going to have a similar set up to my cousin but now im really not sure.

LPF is set at on. another question too is what about the low frequency? sub is obviously used for low frequency that rear speakers arent used for. will the factory head unit be giving out these low frequency signals?

i installed a sub/amp to the standard head unit aswell with an rca box,i do have voice comming threw the sub but i have a switch on the amp that cuts it out,also i never ran my remote cable into the head unit,was cutting out on high volume, straight into the fuse box i ran the remote,the 12v for the cigarette lighter,so when u turn ignition on the amp powers on,mine sounds awesome had no problems that way.

Do you get good bass response ? I have just ordered a 4 channel amp and front speakers with the idea of trying my cousins sub in my car to then decide if I think the sound quality is good enough without changing the head unit.

Back