Technical Struggling with brava wishbone

Currently reading:
Technical Struggling with brava wishbone

steve_uk

Hi i have a brava sx 1.2 (2001)
im trying to take the wishbone off to replace it but first off none of my sockets/spanners fit the 4 big bolts holding the back end of the wishbone on.
Ive measured them the best i can an they seem to be 15mm can someone confirm this for me before i go buy a set and is it easiest to use a socket or a spanner to get them off because they seems well rusted in place ive sprayed them with wd40 so when i get a set they should be ok.
Are there any tips for me though if the 4 nuts are stuck on solid because i have already snapped a bolt trying to take the drop link bolt off and i dont want to do that again
cheers
steve

your drop link snapped bolt problem was most likely caused by not cleaning the thread. a wire brush is needed to remove the rust from the threads.

i cant remember the size of the bolts, but i do know my standard set fitted so it is not an unusual size. you should be using a 1/2" drive ratchet on them.

Thanks lads
sorry about the late reply ,i got them off eventually the were rusted pretty bad had to get the blow torch on em

Back