Technical Struggling and surging accelarting help :(

Currently reading:
Technical Struggling and surging accelarting help :(

scrobert

Deceiver Of Fools
hello well my car has developed a problem when pulling away or in second gear and especially on hills. The steering wheel vibrates, the car goes slow and will have a surge of power now and again.

Was the worse its been today, really annoying in stop start traffic to.

before this my car was very livley and can easily accelerate out of junctions and up hills etc.

PS sorry for spelling im lazy today :)
Thanks for any help, I have mot due this week :(

Last edited:
When was it last serviced? Mine has similar issues but I think it's due to the throttle body and inlet being caked in dirt (not got round to cleaning it yet(n)). If it hasn't been serviced recently then I would start there, new oil, oil filter, spark plugs and air filter should sort it out. If not then take a look inside the throttle body for dirt and grime (this messes up the air flow into the engine and can result in changes in power).

Hope this helped.

Hey,

It gets serviced every year or less, last time I did it I changed the plugs aswell as everything else. I have a K&N panel filter, i did check it and its still clean. didnt take the throttle body apart as the hose ontop has been cable tied on so i will get a metal clip before i cut it off.

I have been using tesco fuel if that has anything to do with it lol.

I will pick some injector cleaner up tomorrow. Guess Its time for service too.

Thanks.

is it a 1.2 you have ? I know on my 1.6, my car felt very sluggish..i found out it was an air leak in my air intake pipe :/ and worth checking the map sensor too, but it might just need another service, and checking the throttle position aswell, oh actually if it the 1.2 its electronic. well good luck with it!

is it a 1.2 you have ? I know on my 1.6, my car felt very sluggish..i found out it was an air leak in my air intake pipe :/ and worth checking the map sensor too, but it might just need another service, and checking the throttle position aswell, oh actually if it the 1.2 its electronic. well good luck with it!

It's 1.8 I've got. The revs aren't dropping when the sluggishness happens. Haven't got time to look just got back from work an gotta go do evening shift. Is it worth spraying that throttle cleaner stuff in? Only other thing is maybe I've done the exhaust in as we've got those speed bumps that stop lorrys.

Thanks
Rob

Re: Struggling and surging accelerating help :(

Had it checked at the garage while it was in for MOT. Car passed :D

But the guy said its got an injector problem and ideally needs to be done at a dealer.... He didnt charge me for checking and its a garage we always use :D

But Ive found a service on ebay that will clean them all for around 60 quid :D Just the problem of needing the car for work so ill have to wait until my next holiday.

I did run the car on V power and an stp injector cleaner an it was a big improvement to the cars performance but it still happened irregularly.

And I Blame the tesco garage for ruining my car :(

Last edited:
Back