Technical Strange noise from behind centre console/radio area.

Currently reading:
Technical Strange noise from behind centre console/radio area.

Do you need help unlocking your radio?
Get your code instantly using our radio unlock service 🔓🎶

Jusschil

I have fiat ducato swift motorhome 2005 2.3 suntor 590pb today it started making a noise that I initially I thought was the cd player repeatedly trying to eject a cd, however there's no cd in the player.

It only comes on when edition is turn on.

By trial and error I could get this noise to stop by pressing the hazard warning lights on or by indicating.

Whilst this noise occurs the outside inductors are all illuminated and if hazards are pressed they will indicate as normal and the noise stops, until they are switched off and the whole process repeats itself.

Does anyone know how to rectify this? My thoughts lead to possibly a faulty relay? Is there one located behind the radio?

Last edited:
Please read the welcome message, and supply requested details when seeking help.

A 2005 Ducato must be an x244 model, which was manufactured from 2002 to Mid 2006.

On the x244 the "switch control panel" is part of auxiliary control assembly, located immediately below the radio. I am not aware of any published info as to the internal circuitry of the panel. The panel is shown on diagrams as being an electronoc module, however it is reasonable to assume that it contains two small relays for the direction and emergency flasher output. Perhaps it is incorrect operation of these relays that you are hearing.

The switch control panel is involved in several of the vehicle lighting circuits, and has been known to inhibit operation of headlamps when an apparently unrelated supply was missing. Time delay on courtesy lights is also a function of the panel.

For my own use I have listed most of the panel's connections and their functions on a single sheet, with references to eLearn drawings. I am attaching the above list, and my annotated version of the Fiat eLearn diagram for the direction indicators.

Attachments

• H090 Switch Control Panel.pdf
    78.8 KB · Views: 41
  • eLearn E2020 Direction Indicators.pdf
    74.6 KB · Views: 47
Do you need help unlocking your radio?
Get your code instantly using our radio unlock service 🔓🎶
Back