Technical Stilo Selespeed Data

Currently reading:
Technical Stilo Selespeed Data

DraganUS

I am looking for advice. My selespeed pump is as what i think working a bit more than it should. When cat is in neutral, and working in place, my pump is working every 7.5 - 7.6 seconds. I know most people would say it is you accumulator not holding presure, but when I took it for the spin my lowest bar/pressure was at 40. If I am correct, and if my accumulator was not holding pressure I would see bigger oscillations in hydraulic pressure. Is that correct?

I do have sudden spike but that must be glitch otherwise if it was correct with that pressure all parts and pipes would fall apart.
I dont have any problems changing gears, everything is working as normal.

Here is my data. Car was idling.

Do I have to do some adjustments?

This is my data when I took it for the spin. You can see when pump works again. Could this be possible that it is leaking pressure somewhere?

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BzgdK6BxpnTBWnpiQmNUckstaHc/edit?usp=sharing

Last edited:
Generally, it all looks good. Clutch degradation index is fairly low (clutch working well), pump is running when it needs to.

You're right though - it seems to lose pressure fairly quickly. If it was the accumulator, we would see a big spike in pressure when the pump runs: perhaps to over 65 bar.

You might like to plot the pressure as a chart (rather than the pump-on counter). Check that the pressure isn't going over 50 bar when the pump runs. If it is, replace the accumulator.

The pump counter of 700,000+ on-times is very high. Perhaps the pump is quite worn out and doesn't build up reserve pressure as it should. I usually see counts of around 200,000.

If it was my car, I don't think I would do anything about it - it is driving correctly after all. Check that the Selespeed fluid level is correct, and that the gearbox oil level is correct (not over-filled/diluted by a leak of Selespeed fluid into the gearbox).

-Alex

Last edited:
Back