Technical Stilo radiator expansion hose

Currently reading:
Technical Stilo radiator expansion hose

shaunw

Hi all,
I hope you may be able to help my 1.2 Stilo (02) and I. It has developed a leak where the radiator expansion hose (top left hand corner, as you are looking at the car from the front) joins the radiator. Its only a small leak but because of all the plastic surrounds I cant quite see where the leak is coming from. Also the hose has movement at this point.
My mechanic is not sure either so any answers will help him as well as me.

Many thanks for your time.

Shaun

Attachments

• DSC00027.JPG
    DSC00027.JPG
    641.2 KB · Views: 51
  • DSC00028.JPG
    DSC00028.JPG
    666.2 KB · Views: 29
I would seriously think of replacing that dodgy clip with a jubilee clip..pull off the hose after a drain down clean up the area and fit back in place..refill and bleed the system .. (y)

I'd opt for a new hoseclamp and a thorough clean-up first.

gr J

I would seriously think of replacing that dodgy clip with a jubilee clip..pull off the hose after a drain down clean up the area and fit back in place..refill and bleed the system .. (y)

Cheeers for the swift replies, the main bit that concerned me was the bit that if you hold the hose on the clip and wiggle there is a fair bit of movement. Is this normal?

Cheeers for the swift replies, the main bit that concerned me was the bit that if you hold the hose on the clip and wiggle there is a fair bit of movement. Is this normal?

The spout should be rock solid..looks as though in this case you may have a leak where it is soldered to the main rad core header..if it cant be repared you could be looking at a new rad..:(

The spout should be rock solid..looks as though in this case you may have a leak where it is soldered to the main rad core header..if it cant be repared you could be looking at a new rad..:(

Thanks again for your reply, I will investigate further.. keep you posted guys. Is it a major job replacing the rad and any ideas about cost?

Thanks

Shaun

Once all connecting pipes ect are out of the way the rad slides straight down and out ..be careful it will cut you in half..got some prices for rads some where will have a look for you,,(y)

Back