Technical stilo 1.6 where id this sensor??

Currently reading:
Technical stilo 1.6 where id this sensor??

blaster

Hi ive been on here before and got some good advice, so im here again, fiat stilo 1.6 petrol with engine managment light on was told was 02 sensor p130 where is this sensor located ?

That's the easy one to get to,
front lambda and connector 3.JPG
right on top of the engine exhaust

That's the easy one to get to,
View attachment 85805
right on top of the engine exhaust

Thanks for that , ive phoned up local supplier and i was asked is it the front or the back sensor is the one in the picture classed as the front sensor?? , can i do a resistance test to check this sensor before i remove it and what ohms reading should i expect to see and which of the 4 wires do i check, i noticed there is 4 wires should i see a voltage on this sensor.

Last edited:
You can circuit check the integral heater wires- these will be the two that are the same colour- usually grey or white. It should be low resistance of a few ohms. But your fault code would be a different one and tell you if the heater circuit was bad

For the O2 sensor itself then don't do a resistance check on it as it won't like that, it works in a different way to other circuits and creates a small voltage all on its own between 0.15 and 0.85v once it's hot enough and relates to the amount of oxygen present so it doesn't like other outside voltages being attached to it

good o2 sensors.JPG
Best way to check it is to check voltage output when engine is idling.
1.6 pre cat lambda.JPG
So you need to back probe the connector by inserting a pin.Note black wire is the signal wire and the other is earth. Voltage should flip flop every second with engine warm and idling like this
bravo lambda sensor testing.JPG
Here I'm checking a Bravo Lambda sensor, connections are between the sensor signal wire and battery earth

Last edited:
what a pain that was to get the old sensor out ended up applying a lot of wd40 alot of brute force then a lot off red hot heat and a whole lot more of brute force, ended up with a bar about 4 foot long and managed to just get it to turn, then lots more wd40 and tightening and untighting until the ould one was out , took about a hour , the new one screwed in by hand and a 22mm open end spanner got it in the reconnected and started car , running a lot smoother also idle is loads better and response is better , i was hoping engine light would just go out but looks like it needs a reset, any one local to Doncaster that has the gear or am i stuffed to take it to fiat??

Back