Technical Steering wheel leather 'stretch'

Currently reading:
Technical Steering wheel leather 'stretch'

Nice one Hellcat, there should have been no question about it really but as long as they are doing it!

MikeyD ours is a Sept 08 (30th IIRC) and we have the old dials, the ones you can hardly read in most lights. Wonder when they changed them?

Good Q - I've never seen the old dials so don't know what they look like. Our cars were standard spec and I suspect were sat at Portbury Dock for a while they were transportered to the dealer within a week or so of ordering.

As you said, there should be no question of a new wheel for Hellcat.

Hellcat - sports or standard....but is it round!?! :)

oh no! I've not checked if it's round or not!

I could probably get away with a F1 style 'wheel' as I hardly ever need more than 3/4 turn either way.

As long as it's stll got the blue stitching on black leather for when I eventually find a written off black or blue 165 multijet with the leather option... :ROFLMAO:

Here's my steering wheel.

I have two year warranty on everything in the car... I'm afraid 2 years is not enough with the little things breaking down every once in a while.

btw, my steering got a lot worse after cleaning it whith dashboard cleaning spray... be careful to avoid using those sylicone based products on leather.

Attachments

• Photo0149.jpg
    Photo0149.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 103
On my Bravo it feels softer, like a smooth suede rather than leather.

The ventilated part doesn't feel that much different to be honest - a little rougher and perhaps squidgier (if there is such a word).

Any luck with the 165 write off? :)

I'm still waiting too, at least I know the fitting won't be a problem since my brother already had his GP steering wheel replaced at the same dealer for the same problem.

my other brother recently bought a new linea with a leather steering wheel, I noticed it was very different from the leather used in the bravos and gp's, they must be using a more durable kind of leather in the new cars now.

Last edited:
Mines a 57reg got 36k miles its fine for now hardly worn! lol do u have a tight grip ! :D

Anyone else's wheel done this? I've not had it do it on my Tipo or Marea which both had leather wheels.

Not been to Fiat about it yet, I'm there often enough getting bits for the Tipo!

pah that's nothing! you should see the GF's Ka's wheel :yuck:

don't forget the tipo has the Momo wheel, so it'll be better quality than any standard fiat part.

Back