Technical Steering wheel change out (no controls supplied)

Currently reading:
Technical Steering wheel change out (no controls supplied)

marky9074

Hi there, seen a 'new' flat bottomed steering wheel for sale. Intending to swap out with the standard black one in our 2015 1.2 lounge. I assume that the air bag is a straight swap, however the wheel is not supplied with the multifunction buttons.

Do these come out of the donor steering wheel easy enough? If so I will probably take a punt on it.

Last edited:
As long as the wheel is out of the same series car then yes the airbag is a standard fit. i.e. Series 3 wheel into a series 3 car. You're most likely taking about the Sport or Abarth steering wheel. It's a standard fitment.

The steering wheel controls are missing I assume you mean? They are held in by tabs and once you've got the wheel off they come out relatively easy. The wires are just pushed in round the sides.

The short answer to your question without all my waffle is yes, they will swap straight over.

just by coincidence I’ve taken some out today.

You can see how it just pushes in. Get a screwdriver underneath and gently prise it up.
IMG_0781.JPGView attachment 1

Perfect, many thanks for that. The P/N is 735625093 and looking at the photos its manufactured in 2015, and our 1.2 Lounge is the same year, so hoping it will fit ok?

Back