Technical Steering wheel audio controls

Currently reading:
Technical Steering wheel audio controls

behnam

Hi guys,

My Stilo (3-door 192/2004) does not have audio buttons on its steering wheel and I have always not been happy with this. I just found a good leather steering wheel with audio button controls on it, but I haven't bought it yet. My audio is the Car's original stereo system. I just wonder what else than the wheel would I need to buy and replace on my steering/audio system to make it work?

Cheers

Hi guys,

My Stilo (3-door 192/2004) does not have audio buttons on its steering wheel and I have always not been happy with this. I just found a good leather steering wheel with audio button controls on it, but I haven't bought it yet. My audio is the Car's original stereo system. I just wonder what else than the wheel would I need to buy and replace on my steering/audio system to make it work?

Cheers
you have to wire the stereo to the steering wheel controls but it pretty difficult to do it

I read in another forum that a new clockspring might be also needed??

you have to wire the stereo to the steering wheel controls but it pretty difficult to do it

Thanks dude! pretty difficult yes... I guess I have to take the wires via somewhere to the back of dashboard... :confused:

Back