Technical Steering Screech

Currently reading:
Technical Steering Screech

brimar

I have a 2004 multi-wagon 1.9 jtd. Recently it has developed a terrible screeching soubd when turning right. My local dealer says that it needs investigation, which to me means big 'bucks'. I would be greatful for any advice on the subject.

I have a 2004, 1.9 jtd multi-wagon. Recently it has developed a terrible screeching sound when I am turning right. My local dealer tells me that it needs investigation, which to me means 'big bucks'. Can anyone throw any light on this matter?

I have a 2004, 1.9 jtd multi-wagon. Recently it has developed a terrible screeching sound when I am turning right. My local dealer tells me that it needs investigation, which to me means 'big bucks'. Can anyone throw any light on this matter?

Possible Power steering motor / steering column or rack failure pending?

Does it do it when the car isnt moving with the engine running too?

Well, I've got to agree with the dealer - it does need investigating.

Whether that is yourself or a garage down the road is another matter.

Playing the guessing game with brakes or steering is just not worth it

That will be the top mounts on the suspension legs..strip the offending item out and replace it..Yes its not a cheap job..some lub it with ..erm.. lub..and that stuff what Argo uses..;)

Hi.

To tell the trouth I don't know exactly what is the streech meaning because english is not my main language but I had almost the same problem on last week. In every right turn I heard a metalic screech from the rear side. I checked the car from under and I find a rubber support aof the exhaust what was too loose and thatwhy the fixin pin of the exhoust is hited the rear left spring in every right tunr or bigger bump.
Check it, it's easy to find because you need to see some wearing on the spring whare the fixing pin could hit it.

Br. Hurrican.

Back