Technical Steering problem

Currently reading:
Technical Steering problem

DriGP

Hi all,

When i start my car, the steering wheel remains locked (stiff). This is happening every time and i have to turn off the car and re-start it... then its ok. Does anyone know whats the problem??

And so not to open another thread, does anyone knows from where can i buy a cigarette lighter socket with an orange frame (the part which lights up) ??

Thanks in advance

Hi power steering guru,

I think the problem is with the steering lock. It remains locked when the ignition is on and as far as i know it is not giving any warning/error.

And sometimes before i turn the key, i have to move the steering slightly (clockwise or counterclockwise) or the key wont turn, but i think this is normal right?

Thanks for your reply.

Last edited:
At least can someone tell me from where to buy a cigarette lighter socket with an orange frame ??:confused:

And sometimes before i turn the key, i have to move the steering slightly (clockwise or counterclockwise) or the key wont turn, but i think this is normal right?

that is normal, but when the engine is on, it's not normal.. as soon as u start the engine u should be able to move the wheels.

Back