General steering goes light over 70

Currently reading:
General steering goes light over 70

wilshaw14

basically i have a standard 1.2 8valve punto mk2b and its been lowered at the front by 60 mil and 40 at back i think.. done before i brought it.. and when i get to 70 mph the steering goes light almost asif the front of the car has lifted up and its quite scary going round even the slightest of corners..
anyone have any ideas of what it could possibly be?

You go around corners at 70Mph???
Where are you driving? Silverstone?

i realised how it sounded afteri posted it haha..
anyway.. no the roads i have to go on to get to work are all national speedlimit roads and every now and then i get a bit carried away. and the roads are quite windy and even on the motorway al them slight changes of directions in roads it doesnt feel right going round almost asif the front isnt quite connected to the steering properly

i realised how it sounded afteri posted it haha..
anyway.. no the roads i have to go on to get to work are all national speedlimit roads and every now and then i get a bit carried away. and the roads are quite windy and even on the motorway al them slight changes of directions in roads it doesnt feel right going round almost asif the front isnt quite connected to the steering properly
Sounds like youve got abit of play in the steering when did you last have your mot?

Does your speedo drop to zero at the same time? Mine did. New sensor and all's good again

no mine doesnt do that.. sounds interesting though haha..
only had the car 2 months now and had a full mot when had it and there was no problems specified so not sure its that.. could it be something to do with the tyres though?? or the aerodynamics.. could be anythin

no mine doesnt do that.. sounds interesting though haha..
only had the car 2 months now and had a full mot when had it and there was no problems specified so not sure its that.. could it be something to do with the tyres though?? or the aerodynamics.. could be anythin
Sounds like play in the steering or your tyres need pumping up.

Does switching the girly (city) button on/off make any difference?

red

no idea to be honest mate..never use the thing :) actually i lie.. i used it once to see what it was like.. and prefer normal lol

Back