General Steamed up!

Currently reading:
General Steamed up!

Football Genius

Hi,

I have an issue with my Bravo, (dynamic with climate control) I was driving home from work around 9pm on Friday and the temperature dropped below 5C all of a sudden the windows in my car steamed right up, so much so and so quickly that I had to stop!! I couldn't see! I'm guessing the air compressor turned off in the cold but surely it shouldn't steam up like this? It Did the same the next morning despite being clear when I got in it. Could I have a leak or a blockage somewhere? Has anyone else had this?

Cheers

could be the recirc flap is stuck, happened on a few now, you only notice is with the AC off

Thanks for replies. Is there an easy way to tell? The fan noise changes when you push the button to switch between recirculation and letinfreshair mode?

Not had this while I'm driving but when it's very cold and I scrape the windscreen and demist, immediately after I set off everything mists over again and I have to stop before the end of my road - any I live in a tiny cul-de-sac! :confused:

Have you tried to increase the temperature when it happens? Warmer air can hold more moisture then colder air... Leave it for a few minutes to let the climate control to sort itself out then go back to the temperature you initially wanted. You may have to direct air to the windscreen manually, I find that I sometimes get better and quicker results than the cc on autopilot.

Will definitly be worth to check the pollen filter (and outlet vent)

Good luck!

If you have circulation button on and no aircon on, there is a possibility of misting the inside of the car. Whenever I see that I have foggy windows on the side, or some fog collecting on the front window, I remember that I have circulation on. Just turn off circulation and use the ventilation without AC on warm air and it will clarify or with the same settings and AC on. As long as there is no circulation on it should be fine. Also put the fans on the windows only. When the circulation is on, the fan speed is higher than when it is off. That is normal since it is a way to cool down the car in the summer faster. I had no problems with misting windows since I use the car how I wrote you, and last winter we had temperatures below -20C. Sometimes I use the AC when the temperatures are so low, and put the temperature with AC to the max, to make tha car warmer faster, since I own a diesel. I hope it helps.

Back