Technical starter motor?

Currently reading:
Technical starter motor?

booza

hi there, im new here and new to driving, i purchased myself an old fiat brava, the car works fine there is no problems apart from now and again when i start the car, i hear a very bad screeching noise, i think this maybe the starter motor, can anyone shed some light on what it cud possibly be?

Sounds like starter,prob bearing,was a time when we used to overhaul but not so cost effective thesedays.Could you put up with it until a cheap one comes along at scrapys or ebay? Or remove it & clean/lubricate?

i dont think i can put up with it, it irritates the life out of me. lol, what exactly do i need to fix it, just the starter motor? nothing else?

lol? well just the other day i went to the petrol station, it was busy, tried to start it and it started screeching! lol, every1 looking over :mad: i like things running smoothly ;)

T14086 said:
LOL,I put up with it for 5 years on my mondeo even brought a starter off ebay for fiver but never did get around to fitting it:eek:

booza said:
lol? well just the other day i went to the petrol station, it was busy, tried to start it and it started screeching! lol, every1 looking over :mad: i like things running smoothly ;)

That would appeal to me...annoying people;) however yeah just pick up a cheap starter nothing else needed.

is there a certain type i need? will any fiat starter motors fit into it? (im not very good with cars yet as u can tell lol)

Attachments

• DSC00161.jpg
    DSC00161.jpg
    470.1 KB · Views: 15
The same problem here too. It's my next project. Just waiting for warm weather (it's -15 C out there).

Attachments

• IMG_1678.JPG
    IMG_1678.JPG
    272.2 KB · Views: 31
booza said:
is there a certain type i need? will any fiat starter motors fit into it? (im not very good with cars yet as u can tell lol)

There are a fair few Bravo/as in scrapyards now if a second hand one is your choice so you should be able to pick up one from the same model as your own to be sure. If you would prefer brand new, let the garage do the legwork.

Back