General Starter motor (i think)!

Currently reading:
General Starter motor (i think)!

hugh

Hi every one i would be very gratefull if any one could help as my fiat uno 1.0 E reg broke down yesterday. When i started the engine it turned then stopped and all i could here was a whiring sound comming from inside the engine (with the keys out)and as i didnt have any tools and could'nt disconect the battery it went dead i've recharged it and the same thing has happened again. Does any one have any great ideas they would be gratefully received thanks Hugh

Try a new starter motor.

get one from the breakers yard for £15
make sure they test it before you give any cash.

Hei.

Try to disconnect the + wire from the starter (usually the red one) and try to start the car. Joke? No... Just to define the problem. The car won't start ofcourse. But - if the sound STILL is there it isn't the starter, but propably a short circuit somewhere. And if so, it ruins your battery - eventually your car might catch fire because it produces a lot of current on the same spot.

MAke sure the battery has power when you try this, and disconnect it afterwards.

Morten.

before you do what morten says, disconnect the positive side of the battery. we dont want sparks flying round the engine bay do we!:)

Thanks i tried the trick with the starter motor nothing happened! But im going to scrapyrd finally and getting a starter motor and a celiod? I recon its the latter giving power to the starter motor when it should'nt. :D

Back