Technical Stalling /starting problems when engine is hot

Currently reading:
Technical Stalling /starting problems when engine is hot

Hello

if i wanted to wire up a manual override to the carb fan, could someone post a diagram please? It seems that the existing relay needs to be retained.

thanks

RDS

thanks Maigret

the wiring diag on the link does not expand enough without losing resolution but i think i know what you mean.

If you do it that way, are you defeating the relay? and ref the comment by Jimbro earlier, won't the manual override switch need to be heavy duty if installed there.

unless you mean that the override switch needs to be in parallel with the thermo switch?

cheers

RDS

Yes in parallel with switch so you still use the relay. Note that with manual override you run the risk of a flat battery. It should work fine as factory.
Make sure all the ducting is right with no leaks. I replaced the fan motor on Dads car at one time when it failed. Used one off a heater I had lying around.

Many thanks, that is a very good point: manual switches like these are just "waiting" to be forgotten and left on....I am trying everything i can thnk of to sort this cutting out issue.

I have new duct and even a 12v computer fan coming from ebay (in addition to the factory fan) but the question for that is, at idle and sitting in traffic, do i want to suck hot air out of the engine bay or blow cooler air in.....?

As this is related to my general issue, i thought i'd post the Update here too in case of use to any others in due course:

stripping back the carb off the manifold reveals the previous owner or the garage (known to me) shows that again they are allergic to gaskets:
Not only the exhaust gasket missing (found out that a while back) but also
no gasket between the bakelite heat shield and manifold
no gasket between the carb base and the bakelite shield
carb retaining nuts finger tight.
yet there was no pick up when spraying engine start around the joints....

I sincerely hope this is the cause of the running for 20 mins then cut out, cool down for 30 minutes, run for 20 mins, repeat....?

The primary main jet has been increased from 107 to 110 but i will post separately re that.

cheers

RDS

Back