General Squealing wheel

Currently reading:
General Squealing wheel

Loyalduke

Squealing sounds after about 5 + miles from rear near side, intermitent depanding on camber. wheel very warm to touch so suspect sticking caliper?

Are parts easy to get or is it serviceable? :eek:

John

On replacing rear discs & pads NSR Caliper part seized on mine and guide pins, what caliper slides back and forth on, showed evidence of previous heavy handed un-seizing... i.e. mole grip love bites (n)

Bought guide pin kit from Fiat for £16 odd +VAT which included 2 guide pins, 2 rubber bellows and sachet of suitable white grease. Fitted kit myself, just avoiding hernia trying to extract top one of the old guide pins.

Problem was that the rubber that is fitted to guide pin to damp sliding action had started to break up, presume as a result of heat generated by braking, allowing it to jump out of its locating groove and jam the guide pin.

Sorted thanks it was the nsr caliper which had become a bit rusty/guged up. Given it a bit of TLC (car just bought and it had been stood a while!) and all seems to be okay.
Thanks
John
MERRY Christmas

The NSR brake area seems to be a problem. (Could it be due to heat from silencer ?) My NSR brake has been prone to pad sticking since about one year old due to corrosion on pad slides. Since then I always have the pads out at each service and lube the slides with copper slip. Costs a bit more in labour but has been trouble free since doing this. The Fiat service schedule does not cover this as a routine.In the meantime the brakes are originals at nearly 6.5 years old.

Back