General springs suggestion

Currently reading:
General springs suggestion

I will be after some lowered springs very soon.

I would prefer ones that are -30mm, possibly to -40mm, I be using normal sporting wheels so clearance should not be an issue.

Anyone got any suggestions as to where I buy them from, I dont want to spend much, I dont require shockers as mine are very good condition.

I have seen the GMax ones on ebay, but description is a bit vague as to how much they lower by, "sporting 20mm" - I dont see the point of just going down 20mm, the width of my thumb, the car looks really high on its standard sporting springs now and 20mm would not make much differnce.

Here is a pic, HIGH!!

DSCF0012.JPG

any tips on suppliers, would be fantastic.

Last edited:
honestly mate spend the extra and get an apex 40mm lowering kit mine handled bloody amazing for what it was

also remeber with just springs your damopersmay be good now but lowered they will soon giove in and then it costs you more money

just my 2p worth

wayne

just been on demon tweeks site, some to choose from on there for £80 +vat onwards, Gmax, Spax, etc and -40mm

I have sent them email to ask about availability, DT is a nice trip from here so I would probably go and collect them, my mate has a 10% discount card as he is in the Pole Position Club there, so that 10% would be my fuel for the trip

wouldnt recomend gmax at all iv had to replace two broken corsa sets now the qualit is crap and the honest motorstores will admit this

spax are good qualuity and good handling but some say the ride quality is too harsh

Avo are good from what iv heard on all accounts but im yet to go in car with them fitted

Koni are again very good

Apex suspension kit i had was brilliant but assume the springs would be good on there own except ride my kit was £216 all in delivered and worth every penny

Fk i would NOT recomend

many others just cant think of them

wouldnt recomend gmax at all iv had to replace two broken corsa sets now the qualit is crap and the honest motorstores will admit this

spax are good qualuity and good handling but some say the ride quality is too harsh

thats not good, Ive heard the oposite, and am planning on putting my Gmax springs on the Spax kit im getting :confused:

I'm pretty sure GhostWKD has gmax on his car, and his havent gone :chin:

standard shouldnt be hard ride my R plate sporting wasnt this could be due to crap shockers?

and yes the spax are suposed to give a generally rad ride but theyre good quality not overpriced and do give good handling

Serin mate get anything but g max i have got the third set of gmax shockers and spriings in the shed for the corsa (got them cheap) and have got the new spax springs to go on them as not gonna wait for the gmax to break

but some old fool kindly wrote of the corsa i did for my brother two months ago so its currently sitting in an insurance yeard while the old fool wont admit responsibility and continues to say my brother drove into him even though he only has damage on the front and the side of my brothers car is done in:bang: :rolleyes: :mad: as he just pulled straight out of a parking space the fatc we have two witnesses (approved) apparently means nothing they can drag it on as long as they want:bang:

rant over

on topic do weitec do anything for the centos? had alot of recomendations for them myself

wayne

on my cinq im using P.I springs and they seem pretty decent ,and dont drop anymore than there supposed to drop the car after they settle,

www.fastfiat.com ,why had no-one mentioned this? £67 delivered or something ...

i have a 40mm drop aswell

APEX -40 kit on mine.

I don't see how just springs with OE shocks can make a good combination. My car is great with a full kit, but the APEX dampers were soo much softer than the OE parts.

With OE shocks and lowered springs it'll be harsher than it needs to be.

on my cinq im using P.I springs and they seem pretty decent ,and dont drop anymore than there supposed to drop the car after they settle,

WOW THANKS!!!! £67 including delivery, -40mm, I think I will be having a set of those!!

I have just ordered some, so thanks. :)

My local motor spares shop hire out spring compressors, £2.50 per day with a £10 deposit, they have different ones to choose from. (y)

So that will be my job for later in the week!! weather permitting!! (y) (y)

well, they came today, and I fitted them this afternoon

gotta say, possibly the easiest spring swap job I ever done, the back in particular, just the lower shocker bolt to undo and old one is away, new one in!!

before pic [posted at start of this thread]
DSCF0012.JPG

after pic
DSCF0013.JPG

I thought the back may have dropped a bit more, perhaps the springs will settle, ride isnt much more harsher than standard, although the only real noticable feeling [after just 1 mile motoring!] is that speed humps feel sharper, those ones in the middle of the road that buses can over at normal speed [huh? whats the point in that!]

and an alternative pic
DSCF0014.JPG

Last edited:
Back