Spraying/ Powder coating

Currently reading:
Spraying/ Powder coating

yes very good price.

A typical estimate would be £40-£50 per wheel depending on how much damage
so say £160-£200 for wheels leaving £300 - £340 for bumpers bonnet n wings to be sprayed (which could be approx £500 on thier own!)

Last edited:
One little point, if your already getting so much sprayed, it may be an idea to ask to see how much more it would be to get the entire car done.May not be a great deal more.

Thanks i did say that to him on the phone but he just said price for my original request :confused:
They havnt even seen the car yet lol but you are almost spot on. £50 per wheel which is slightly more because im having them anthracite which is Black and then silver?

Anthracite is just a posh word for grey.

See just grey:

16122008990sml.jpg

16952_306125662571_501587571_3643054_303963_n.jpg

Last edited:
Grey is a mixture of Black & White. Anthracite is a mixture of Black & Silver.
I was mainly refering to the fact that they want to spray in 2 layers, black then silver.
I cant remember what i used to do for the similar Gunmetal, i think i just mixed the silver in with the black but im not a pro powder coater so i could have been doing it wrong.

Last edited:
They will just buy/have a premixed colour(s) they wont make it specially and if they do then they are doing it a long winded way. The company that did mine didnt have 2 colours they just had a tin of anthracite to paint with,

Thats what i thought, but the guy on the phone said it was more expensive because they do black then silver lol.
If it is a known method that gets better results then im fine with that. If its a sign that they are incompetent then ill go else where.

Thanks i did say that to him on the phone but he just said price for my original request :confused:
They havnt even seen the car yet lol but you are almost spot on. £50 per wheel which is slightly more because im having them anthracite which is Black and then silver?

Yeah that will be right, mines were done in a simple RAL no, so were cheaper.

So are you saying that it would be better to spray black than silver than use a pre mixed RAL colour?
I didnt even RAL catered metallic colours, we are always given them in Pantone.

So are you saying that it would be better to spray black than silver than use a pre mixed RAL colour?
I didnt even RAL catered metallic colours, we are always given them in Pantone.

Sorry no idea. I just know i got a simple flat RAL. Not metallic or anything. And that made them only £40 per wheel as opposed to the £50 for the fancier colours.

Back