Panda spark plugs

Currently reading:
Panda spark plugs

RBpando57

Hi Fiat guys, just joined you and have a fairly simple request. I can't seem to remove the plug leads from my 2007 Panda 1.1 Active so I can change the plugs. There seems to be a lot of resistance and I don't want to damage anything so need to know is there a special tool required? I'm a fairly experienced home mechanic/car restorer and feel a bit of a wally being stumped on something as simple as plugs and leads.Look forward to some advice. thanks.

Nope, you just pull. They are quite tight, just be careful.

They are tight, and very difficult to get a grip on. Then with age they seem to glue themselves on. The pliers jrkitching links to are great, save a lot of swearing and tears. If not using the pliers, be careful of the injector connectors and other stuff in the way, as when the lead lets go it is easy to damage nearby stuff.

Don't be tempted to lubricate them when replacing them, it just gives an easier path for a misfire.

Hi Fiat guys, just joined you and have a fairly simple request. I can't seem to remove the plug leads from my 2007 Panda 1.1 Active so I can change the plugs. There seems to be a lot of resistance and I don't want to damage anything so need to know is there a special tool required? I'm a fairly experienced home mechanic/car restorer and feel a bit of a wally being stumped on something as simple as plugs and leads.Look forward to some advice. thanks.

Hi, and welcome to FF :)

they are not the most user friendly, :(
access either side of throttle body ( 2+3) being particularly awkward,

TBH - I've always managed to get FIAT leads off in one piece..,

BUT did wreck an aftermarket lead on a ( neglected) Punto, :bang:
so make sure you've got access to a replacement..just in case.

charlie - '04 1.1 active

Back