General Spare remote key

Currently reading:
General Spare remote key

dave924

Does anyone know of anywhere (in the UK) that would be ably to make a spare remote key for me? I have one already but it's very old and could do with a spare!
Been quoted £AAAAAARRRGGHHH +VAT by Fiat and I'm not paying that!Ahhhh

Spare keys can be picked up on Ebay, google around and several auto electrician/locksmiths will reprogram them for a reasonable (compared to the cost of a new key from Fiat) fee.

I live in the northeast, there's a little coblers shop nearby that does replacement key remotes, a friend had one made for a VW touran for £100. The guy in the shop said that he paid £ 50000 for the machine and pays a lot every month to manufacturers for software updates

I haven't seen any "blank" keys for sale on ebay... a few second hand keys, but obviously these will not fit the locks etc...

I haven't seen any "blank" keys for sale on ebay... a few second hand keys, but obviously these will not fit the locks etc...

Locksmiths will have suitable blank keys (without transponder) that they can cut as a copy of an original.
I had a spare key cut like this, so that I can hide the real key in the car and take the transponderless key in my wetsuit whilst surfing. The car is locked (albeit without setting the alarm) and there is no risk of damaging an original key by taking it in the sea.
So if you can get a reliable second-hand transponder, programmed for your car, then the mechanical blade is the easy part.

I too have seen the cheap remote keys on EBay that say they need reprogramming- can a Fiat dealer do this then? Assuming you got a locksmith to replace the key blade?

Back