Sound system for Grande Punto?

Currently reading:
Sound system for Grande Punto?

Jonnyl

Hi, i have recently purchased a Grande Punto and am looking to get a sound system fitted to it, i need some help on what to buy though as am new to this.

Im looking to get a system consisting of:
  • Head unit, preferably with bluetooth so can stream music from iphone
  • 2x front panel speakers (anything descent quality which fits)
  • Subwoofer, preferably anything over 1000w
  • Amp capable of powering the sub and anything else if need be
  • Maybe some 6x9 but have heard that they interfere with the sub so some feedback on that would be good
  • Cables for wiring the whole thing and also an adapter so that they steering wheel controls work with the system (if this is possible)

Could anyone please recommend any or all of the these products i should buy and where from.

Im working on a budget of about £500 but can go slightly over if need be. I'm a bit of a bass freak so the quality of the bass and the sub would be most important to me.

Thanks for looking and hoping for some good replies. :)

1st thing do you want bluetooth on your stereo so that you can use it for handsfree because you can get a iphone compatiable headunit that will most likely sound better and will also charge while doing it. if you dont need bluetooth i have this http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/product/products_id/14591.html and it works very well and can pretty much take all kinds of ipods and iphones but check here to make sure http://www.kenwood.com/cs/ce/ipod/

to get your steering wheel controls to work i would advise this also it allows you to wire up the headunit without finding a seperate switched ignition source. You get a free patch cable just email them with the make i got mine in a couple of days so would recommend ordering from there. Connects 2 CTSFA004 - Fiat Grande: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

i have read on here that 6x9s are not worth having if you have a sub as the sub will just drown them out.

manufacture wise i have heard that JBL are a good make. but as i have yet to upgrade past a new head unit and patch cable it might be worth waiting for some other advice

Back