Sorry another question

Currently reading:
Sorry another question

Ollie just said i paid for insurance i shouldn't have and could of gone else where.

Just as i was about to pay over the phone they said it's come up that you had an accident on the 4th August 2007 with the cars Reg. I said yeah but it wasn't my fault the other person admitted liability but they said it didn't matter it would affect my premium as im more than likely to crash again, as which i aruged again it wasn't my fault. So i've just had to pay an extra 100.

xXxXx

True im afraid, even non fault claims go against you. A mate of mine has just been through the same thing, someone backed into him in a queue of traffic so obviously not his fault and it still bumped up his premium, and it happened to me a few years ago and mine went up by about 100 notes.

This should not be the case. My advice is change insurance company. They are falling over themselves to get your custom at the moment. Also check that your no claims bonus was not effected by your non-fault accident.

This should not be the case. My advice is change insurance company. They are falling over themselves to get your custom at the moment. Also check that your no claims bonus was not effected by your non-fault accident.

No it "shouldnt be the case" but it is fact.

If you make a claim or involved in an accident your fault or not then to an insurance company you are a higher risk than someone who hasnt.

Its unfair if its not your fault but unfortunately thats how it stands.

NB - you must declare accidents etc even if you werent at fault becuase if you are involved in another accident then the insurance could void your policy!

i dont believe that is true.... otherwise it wouldnt affect you if you renewed with someone else and it does.

It sort of would I suppose as I'm told it's because you haven't claim for help from your policy provider.

Just like you can claim against someones insurance with a private Silicitor rather than using your own insurance companies legal team.

sounds good so if i hit someone i should just remind them of this rule and they should agree to get it fixed by a garage and not the insurance.:)
Good point :devil:

Back