IMG00290-20101014-1514.jpg

Grande Punto Smokeyjoe's Grey Grande

Introduction

Had the car four months now, suppose its about time the thread went up.

So here he is: Garfield the Grey Grande :cool:

1.2 8v Dynamic five-door

Current mods:
Vinyled front grille
Sprayed top grille black (needs redoing)
Xenon headlight bulbs
White Sidelight bulbs
Kenwood headunit
Mutant MT2004 Amp
JBL 12" sub
Debadged bootlid
Jive Blue Mirror caps

Future mods:
New wheels (something dishy)
Eibach Sportlines
Vinyl wrapped mirror caps and other colour coded goodies (just dunno what colour yet)
Punto Evo Rear Lights
Either debadged grille or Linea grille (probably debadged)

Comments and Criticisms welcome :D
Yeah, ZCW angels, tbf you'll probably find a cheap set if you search for Chevrolet Aveo Breaking as they come as standard on the sport Aveo models.

And yeah the headuntil looks sweet, its a Kenwood: KDC-W6537U quite a nice little bit of kit too, standard radio and CD player but has the added bonus of an AUX in, USB in and iPod integration all for £65 New, another Ex-Demo, asyou can see I have an eye for a bargain ;)

Thanks I'll have to keep my eye out.
As for the cd player is it darker than what it looks like on the website? Yours looks like a graphite grey colour. Might have to purchase one of them if it's a bit darker ;P

Yeah its a bit darker than on the pic, the pic I posted above is taken without flash at the right exposure to its true colour ;)

Reason I brought it was it has 2 sets of Pre-outs, on is specifically designed for sub output and has the settings for it, ideal for a Sub and Component combination with either an amp for each or a 4 channel amp like my set up. Means I haven't got to split a signal and have full control over each signal individually :D

What you want is a Pioneer Deh 4200sd. Thats a slick cd player, got 3 sets of pre outputs and sub out aswell. ive got it and its got speakers amped and sub connected.

Cheers.

5 doors do it better, its even got a sticker on it now that reads "more doors for more who*es"

Going for a photoshoot later so will throw some recents pics on, haven't got any on the thread that are up to date.

Haha, Im in two minds as to keep my 5 door and go for the smooth/clean look on Coilovers and Fox Racing Fx004 17"s or trade up to a 3 door :s
Suppose I could be original and give the 5 door look a go haha
5 doors ftw :slayer:

Haha, Im in two minds as to keep my 5 door and go for the smooth/clean look on Coilovers and Fox Racing Fx004 17"s or trade up to a 3 door :s
Suppose I could be original and give the 5 door look a go haha
5 doors ftw :slayer:

Dont get me wrong, I love my Active, but as its only a 1.2 8v, its pretty gutless and even a rolling road remap and GSR would give me about 6-7 bhp but its still got basic kit (no aircon ect)
Plus, Ive seen a GORGEOUS white 3 door 1.4 16v GP within my price range So hopefully Ill be going for an upgrade! :D

Been a while since anything happened with the car, few nigly things like re-vinyling the grille, cleaner plates, good servicing blah blah blah....so its time for some news.

I fractured my ankle in 2 places and torn all the ligaments, have been in a cast for five weeks and the doctor told me to stay off it, but thats boring, so I did this :D

304598_10150773540685444_798460443_20505215_7644241_n.jpg

There is a facebook album showing my progress HERE

Basically it consists of a MDF floor and an MDF false floor held apart by strengthening pieces.

There is a box countersunk through both floors, bolted down into the hole in the wheel well where the tool kit used to screw in.

A backing piece with a box attached to the back, this has a stainless steel backing and holes in the side for the wiring to pass through. It also has an LED strip wired to the bootlight to light it from above ( there is a pic in the above album)

The whole thing is covered in origional FIAT boot lining material for a perfect colour match and all the edges are trimmed in a plastic 2mm L trim.

COST:
MDF = £0.00
Stainless = £0.00
Adhesives = £0.00
Covering = £2.00 (had to buy another bootliner from a scrapyard)
LED Strip = £1.49 delivered off eBay
Plastic Trim = £3.00 for 4m

TOTAL COST = £6.49 :D

All thats left to do is get a grille for the sub and some perspex for over the amp so I can use my boot as and when I need to.

Last edited:
Yup, that's the idea, hate my friends bodging their cars because "they're students and they can't afford it", I'm a student too, if your clever enough and put the work in you don't need huge amounts of cash ;)

Very nice! (y) Really clean and neat, better than just having a loose sub in the boot

Similar to what I was gonna do but I've changed mine a bit, going to upload pictures once I've got it all wired in, probably next month after my tax

I had issues having it loose in the boot, it kept falling over, even though it was velcro'd to the carpet. And it sounds nicer facing upwards, I loose less bass out of the boot as its not firing away from me.

The installs still not 100% done, gonna make some sides for it to finish it off, also just fitted a JBL GT1202D as my GT5-12's voice coil decided to burn out :(

Also, the wheels are all kerbed up due to me being forced off the road by some idiot. They're going after the winter ;)

man, u have a nice system there, very neat noting that you build it yourself... is that a GTO1004?? or a monoblock?
i will re-do my system next year, u make me jealous... good job!!!

Back