Small crash

Currently reading:
Small crash

LamontPunto

Hey folks, had a little crash, was totally not my fault, one of my mates reversed quite quickly into the side of my grande punto. The left door has bent right in and also the front left quarter panel has a few dents and scuffs, looks quite bad. I was wondering how much do you thin the cost will be to fix the car?? Also as he is a mate we never called the police etc does his insurace sort out everything for me ?? do i have to call my insurance?
Thanks

get a new door from scrappies if you have a decent common colour

Last edited:
really?? i was kinda hopeing it was just gonna be new front panel and new left door?

As far as I'm aware you need to get an incident number (from phoning the police) to claim successfully on the insurance.

Pics of the damage?

As far as I'm aware you need to get an incident number (from phoning the police) to claim successfully on the insurance.

Pics of the damage?

Not in my case, I was at fault a went into the back of a fiesta, only a small bump and nothing serious, was from a starting postion anyway. I just phoned my insurance up to inform them of the incident, they sent out an asessor for the damage to my car (classic mini) and I was paid out for the repairs.

You only need to inform Poilce if public highways are damanged, pedestrians and of cause if any injuries.

Your mate bumping you should not cause any problems;)

Back