sky wireless connection trouble

Currently reading:
sky wireless connection trouble

imthejoker

Joker by nature......
Hi guys , iv just finished getting my old dell d610 sorted running xp , it works great but for some reason i just cant get it connected to my sky wireless , the icon comes up with the p.c and the connecting yellow dot and when highlighted it says skywireless and shows an amount of time its been connected but i just cant get it to connect to the net - when i click internet explorer a blank page shows with 'connection error' , any and all help is REALLY appreciated as im bloody frustrated , thanks ff.

Joker

p.s. any technical ideas can you please explain them in an idiot proof fashion pls - thanks.

Sounds like either the Sky router isn't giving you DNS or an IP (assumming other machines connected through it can access the web).
Can you access the routers web config from the laptop? Also can you tell us what IP address the laptop is getting (should start 192.168.)?

does it connect on a wired connection?
do you use encryption?
i assume you have reset the modem/router?

Custard-Havent tried a wires connection - but will tomoro at work as no lead at home , yes to encryption , i didnt know i had to reset the modem-iv never done this connecting any other wifi things.

Colin , there is no ip showing!?!? Dont know about the other things you said- sorry

Thanks for the replies guys.

Back