Site Speed Survery

Currently reading:
Site Speed Survery

Has the page loading speed decreased badly since the chatbar add on?

• Yes (It's slow now to the point I don't like it)

Votes: 6 21.4%
  • No (No change, or just a little bit, so don't worry about it)

Votes: 22 78.6%

• Total voters
Ok chaps, only answer this if you are absolutely sure!

Since I added the chat bar, the server has been seriously cranked on CPU usage, however, due to the fact I am now on basically a 56k connection - I can't really do any decent benchmarking.

So I just need to know - do you think the site got a lot slower since the chat was added, or if it's not really noticeable (or not at all).

Oh and not is the chat itself slow, just page loads.

Finally, if you think it is slower - try temporarily turning it off (in user control panel) and see if that fixes it - if it does, it's a client issue rather than server (so vote no)

And yes, remember, only if the effect has been detrimental to you browsing.

Ta!

There's less than half a second difference for me!!

I don't notice any problems on 10.10. Are you on the version of Opera that auto-updates Dave?

However, it hangs on my phone, badly, usually having loaded about a third of the page data :bang:

EDIT - turn Turbo off Dave, I find it loads slower with it on!

This is due to Opera's rendering of the advert boxes, not the chat. Known issue. Better now?
This also appears to affect Safari.
Speed seems about the same to me. I disabled chat as soon as it appeared!

I browse mostly on my phone, so turned it off as it used to load half way down the page and sit in the way (same way Facebook does), but in general I do find browsing ff slower than any other forum I use. Thats loading times, scrolling and the lag it adds to text input, all noticeably slower on here, even when compared to bigger forums running vb

I don't notice any problems on 10.10. Are you on the version of Opera that auto-updates Dave?

However, it hangs on my phone, badly, usually having loaded about a third of the page data :bang:

EDIT - turn Turbo off Dave, I find it loads slower with it on!

yeah on auto update, where me turbo button? can i fit dump valve? :D

Back