General Sidebag squib error

Currently reading:
General Sidebag squib error

djh

MOT due next month so got to sort out the dreaded airbag. Diagnostic check has reported
OF Passenger sidebag squib and
OE Driver sidebag squib

If I clean the connectors on the top glove box will this (hopefully) sort it or is there somewhere else I should be looking as its the sidebags. Thanks

when you say sidebag it could be the side curtain bags?

if it is its really easy, the connectors are in the boot... if you open the little cubby hole and remove the insert you should be able to see the top mount of the shock and some bright yellow wiring... disconnect and reconnect it and repeat for the otherside. The warning should go out immediately if it is those!

if not it could be the airbags in the seats themselves where as i would be checking the yellow connectors under each seat they're a known weakpoint especially on 3-doors.

Have opened the cubby hole in the boot and can't find anything. I've got the Multiwagon if that makes a difference to the whereabouts.

Have checked connections in glove box and under all seats, still error on dash. Are there more connections on the multiwagon that I don't know about? Thanks

Back