DSC000576.JPG

Grande Punto Si-Punto's Grande Punto Sporting M-Jet

Introduction

Right I figured it was about time I got some pictures of the GP up on the forum.

The details of the car are as follows:
2007 (07) Grande Punto Sporting 1.9 Multi-Jet Turbo Diesel (M-JTD FTW :slayer: ) in Crossover Black with a skyroof (no other optional extras though :eek: )

Here he is the day I picked him up from the dealers:
DSC000576.JPG

DSC000586.JPG

And here are a few shots I took en-route to Newcastle for work last week:
DSC000716.JPG

DSC000723.JPG

DSC000735.JPG

DSC000745.JPG

DSC000766.JPG

Despite the adverse weather yesterday morning I managed to dig the car out of the snow and make it to the RR day @ Red Dot:
DSC000794.JPG

Finally a couple of shots of it on the rollers:
DSC000835.JPG

Augusto showing me how it's done :eek: :
DSC000866.JPG

Lets just say that I drove away from Watford smiling (H2DaE and Puntokris can vouch for that) :D

I need to tidy up a few more bits, give it a good polish and get some new photos up - New number plates now fitted, dealer stickers removed, Red Fiat badges awaiting fitting.

Future mods are touch and go, we shall see what happens. If I do then they will be along the lines of:
Lowering
Referbing the wheels anthracite
Tinting the rear windows
Leon Cupra R front splitter
Custom exhaust tip
... and who knows what else :eek:

Thanks for looking, any comments are more than welcome :)

Cheers,

Si
never been a fan of the stripes myself, had mine remove so i would say (n) to that, think its one of those perosnal taste things... Although the abarth/black headlight would look the nutts on ur black GP when theyre avaliable.

Ever thought about painting the calipers is a cheap mod, just a little time consuming and looks good, id go for red if you going for the red strips to carry it off more.

How bout a red dot remap/GSR induction might put some of that pleasure backing into driving it that ur missing, i know i miss the sound of my tuned stilo and the burbble from the exhaust.

Cheers for the input guys (y)

I'm also unsure about the stripes. I love them on the white Abarth but wasnt sure how they'd look against the black - Guess I needed an unbiased opinion.

Wheels are a definate seeing as they could do with a referb in the not too distant future.

Windows I'm also unsure about, the tints look pretty cool against a coloured car but maybe make the black too much.

Suspension is also very high on my list of definate mods, just cant justify the money this month.

I have the red paint for the calipers sat in the garage waiting for a free weekend to do it.

P.S. It's already running a Red Dot map, just not got the GSR on it yet.

No worries mate. It's covered 5k miles since mapping, has so far been spot on - Both pre and post mapping *franticly touches wood* :eek:

No clutch slip as of yet although I tend to sit in neutral and off the clutch when at lights just to give the clutch a fair chance :)

There is noticably more smoke post map when really going for it but the rest of the time it barely smokes at all (unline pretty much all of Ford's TDCI's)

Tyre wear is all limited considering the amount of torque they're dealing with (although my front Potz are getting due a change but they have lasted an impressive 18k miles).

Will keep everyone posted on how it beds in over the rest of the year.

Cheers Ed (y) I forgot all about this thread :eek:

Well the car is no longer mapped, completely back to Fiat spec (at my request, the map wasnt wiped by mustake). The car is definately being sold in the not too distant future, I'm just getting little bits sorted before I sell (map removed, 2 new tyres yesterday, stonechip to be sorted on Tuesday then into Fiat for some warrenty work on Wednesday).

Still undecided on what I'm going to buy but I'm positive that I'm going back to petrol, although due to current climate and financial situations it will probably been a warm hatch rather than a hot hatch (Panda 100HP or something in a similar region of cost..... cheap insurance on the 100HP would also be a bonus :D ).

How's your mean machine coming along mate?

Last edited:
lol, they have a habbit of getting pushed to the back of the pile don't they these threads!!

Really? Sounds like the best thing to be done IMO if you're trying to sell it mate, someone will be getting a very tidy motor!!

The Panda 100HP's are awesome, no where near the speed of the M-Jet's - especially mapped but for fun i'm pretty sure they can't be beaten!! Will put a massive smile on ur face and will be good to still see you around on the stands mate!! :D

She's coming on nicely thanks mate! Big month this month but all will be revealed in one go in a massive update at some point...all very hush hush atm ;)

Cheers mate, I hope it sells for the right money without much fuss :)

In a straight line the Panda probably wouldnt stand a chance against the GP but around the twisties it would leave a standard M-Jet for dead (too nose-heavy to chuck about, leaves you feeling unconfident in it). I hope it will prove to be smile worthy.

Oh hush hush plans, they're always the best :D Cant wait to see the update.

Good luck mate (y)

Last edited:
Cheers mate, I hope it sells for the right money without much fuss :)

In a straight line the Panda probably wouldnt stand a chance against the GP but around the twisties it would leave a standard M-Jet for dead (too nose-heavy to chuck about, leaves you feeling unconfident in it). I hope it will prove to be smile worthy.

Oh hush hush plans, they're always the best :D Cant wait to see the update.

Good luck mate (y)
i'm sure it will do mate...like i said, someone's gonna get a tidy motor at a good price! ;)

yeah exactly...you'll have a wkd time with it mate...I know mine puts a smile on face everytime I drive it so I know for a fact the panda will leave you grinning like a little kiddy all over again!! :D

Lmfao...that's the idea anyway!! cheers mate I'll need it!

In true indecisive me style I've decided to keep the GP for a while longer because although it's a great time to buy a car, it's the worst time possible to be selling on. Current market for a used M-Jet would mean at least a £2k loss for me in the space of 8 months yet this could well even out slightly 6 months down the line, in the interim I've still got a god damn gorgeous car.

I plan to keep it for at least another 6 months to give the credit crunch time to stabalise and decide which way it wants to go. As much as I love the Panda 100HP, it will still be around in 6 months to 1 years time.

Back on track then, I need to do some mods to the GP in order to satisfy my quence for fun. First point of call has to be some Eibachs because my biggest gripe of the GP is it's handling, lets see if we can cure this.

BTW I partly blame Matt and Ed for this change of heart :p If it wasn't for their updated pics of their Sportings looking so damn sexy I wouldn't be so inclined to keep it :yum:

So the Panda 100HP may still come but the GP is here to stay for a while :D

Last edited:
lol, good call tbh mate...the car values atm are absolutely SHOCKING!!! Only way this is a double winner is if you have the money to go buy a new car outright now and then wait till it stabialises and sell your old one later...but that is a luxury very few people have!!!

Can't wait to see it dropped mate, the Eibach's have transformed mine so i'm sure you won't be disappointed!! :D

Cheers Ed (y)

TBH mate the kind of people that have £8k knocking about in their back pockets during these tight financial times probably aren't buying Fiats :eek: lol

I'm struggling to decide between the Eibach Sportlines (approx 40mm drop) and the Eibach Pro kit (approx 30mm drop). I dont want to go too low and risk a negative effect however I dont want to spend the money and then wish I had gone lower...... Help I'm confused :confused:

Cheers Ed (y)

TBH mate the kind of people that have £8k knocking about in their back pockets during these tight financial times probably aren't buying Fiats :eek: lol

I'm struggling to decide between the Eibach Sportlines (approx 40mm drop) and the Eibach Pro kit (approx 30mm drop). I dont want to go too low and risk a negative effect however I dont want to spend the money and then wish I had gone lower...... Help I'm confused :confused:

I got the pro-kit springs and wish i hadn't and will be buying the sportlines next year tbh..

Thanks for the feedback Skitz (y)

Quick question though, does the Pro kit lower the 1.2 more than 30mm because iirc the GP Sportings are sitting 20mm lower than the non-Sportings as standard?

Last edited:
tbh mate I agree with Skitz...the sportlines are the one's you want.

I know what you mean about going to low...i was in the same boat! The sportlines drop the car so you have a gap between the wheel and the arch but it's not a massive gap. I hope the front drops abit more on mine than it has done though tbf!

There's no detrement as far as I can see...no bottoming out or having to go so slowly over bumps there's a que behind you! Also there's no rear end twitchyness after fitting them!!

Sportlines ftw! :D

In true indecisive me style I've decided to keep the GP for a while longer because although it's a great time to buy a car, it's the worst time possible to be selling on. Current market for a used M-Jet would mean at least a £2k loss for me in the space of 8 months yet this could well even out slightly 6 months down the line, in the interim I've still got a god damn gorgeous car.

I plan to keep it for at least another 6 months to give the credit crunch time to stabalise and decide which way it wants to go. As much as I love the Panda 100HP, it will still be around in 6 months to 1 years time.

Back on track then, I need to do some mods to the GP in order to satisfy my quence for fun. First point of call has to be some Eibachs because my biggest gripe of the GP is it's handling, lets see if we can cure this.

BTW I partly blame Matt and Ed for this change of heart :p If it wasn't for their updated pics of their Sportings looking so damn sexy I wouldn't be so inclined to keep it :yum:

So the Panda 100HP may still come but the GP is here to stay for a while :D

Good decision for al the right reasons IMO Si(y)

Ta Ffoxy, completely agree with you feller. It's not the time to chop in a small hatchback to lose a fortune - Especially when it's such a stunning one :yum:

Back