Styling Shower Cape

Currently reading:
Styling Shower Cape

desert rat

Just been trying to source the above item for my new car. I noticed that this item did not seem available for the Barchetta?

Just wondering if A good quality shower cape was available for about £30 would there be any interest in it?

I'm looking at having parts made outside of the EU. Looking at experience on some other parts that I have had made recently. I figure that shipped on an individual basis we should skip the VAT.

If you are interested please add your name to the list. This is not a commite to buy list... Just trying to gauge if there would be any interest.

Regards

Wayne

Just been trying to source the above item for my new car. I noticed that this item did not seem available for the Barchetta?

Just wondering if A good quality shower cape was available for about £30 would there be any interest in it?

I'm looking at having parts made outside of the EU. Looking at experience on some other parts that I have had made recently. I figure that shipped on an individual basis we should skip the VAT.

If you are interested please add your name to the list. This is not a commite to buy list... Just trying to gauge if there would be any interest.

Regards

Wayne

Hiya Wayne,

I take it you have left the middle east, SHOWER CAPE:eek: in Bahrain..

Hiya Wayne,

I take it you have left the middle east, SHOWER CAPE:eek: in Bahrain..

Still in Bahrain... Yes it does actually rain here !! Still waiting for it to happen this year though ;)
http://www.gulf-daily-news.com/NewsDetails.aspx?storyid=342053

I have a shower cape that I mainly use as a dust cover / sun protector/ keeps the cat hairs off !!

Although when it does rain and my car is not in the garage. I find it handy to throw it over the hood to stop the water running into the car whilst parked.

Fits into a small bag, clips over the mirrors and is held in place with suction cups on the rear... Although they are about to be replaced with a tie down.
Much less bulky than a full cover.

HP. I guess if it was put on an already wet hood and left for weeks this could probably occur.

I think the idea of them is if you have a leaky soft top and park your car outside for a few hours of the day. ie in the work car park / overnight. They would help keep the carpets dry.

They seem quite popular with other soft top models. I was just currious that I had never seen them offered for the Barchetta.

A good quality part for other cars seem to sell for £50 - £100.

Just thought I'd offer whilst getting the others made. As it would need a good bit of interest in them to get this into production. I do not think it's going to go ahead any time soon.

I think the idea of them is if you have a leaky soft top and park your car outside for a few hours of the day. ie in the work car park / overnight. They would help keep the carpets dry.

Good point - and it's a lot cheaper than a whole new soft top. I'd be interested.