image.jpg

Cinquecento Show Car Build

Introduction

Hi all!

After really enjoying reading other people's threads, I thought I might just have a crack at it myself! the aim will be to build a show car from my completely stock cinq sporting :)

I bought the car for mere peanuts! Though it has many niggles that reflect the price I paid, eg. Broken seat, needs service, no service history etc etc.......

So here we go!

On the way back from Manchester the car decided it preferred to run at 130 Celsius :bang: upon further inspection the rad was seriously past it, and the expansion cap wasn't doing its job of keeping the coolant in the system :( but these are cheap fixes and I fixed it all in the same day ;)

And here it is within an hour of getting it back (y)

image.jpg

New radiator (from a sei) new expansion cap (from a sei) and all new hoses (from a sei). Thank you seicento :D

Anyway I'll probably post every few days, hope its a decent read ;)
Reactions: blu73
still not keen on that bonnet but its different, i'll give you that...

Loving the new wheels though, they look immense (y)

I wasn't sure at first, but now i can't imagine the car without it! It's part of the character of the car I guess (y)

Thanks mate, good eh? I'm saving a bit of money up at the moment, to treat them to a refurb :)

Thought I might also add that I've got a DET3, astra 1.6 injector, new fuel pump, and a better cam waiting to go in too! Then I'm off to the dyno....

She's dead, and i'm heartbroken.

Coming home last night, coming off of a dual carriageway, I hit a patch of black ice. The car slammed into a ditch and bounced back out.

The car isn't fixable, but i've already bought another cinq to salvage what I can from this (including the engine).

Anyway, I'm not giving up on my car, I will avenge it!

I'll get a pic tomorrow, it really isn't pretty.

Cuts, bruises, a few torn muscles but nothing more.

It's almost like someones died. None of the paramedics or police officers could understand why I was so bothered about a, quite clearly, written off hatchback.

It's hard, but I can't dwell on it. Look on the bright side, the second build is, by default, always better than the first! ;)

So yeah, i've already bought another!

oh no,least driver is one piece! next is always better,grab what you can,if needbe an extra pair of hands here to help get it along sooner than planned!

sorry to hear that mate. I was down Retford today, some nice lanes down there.

Did you buy your car from a guy called Mark near oxford?

sorry to hear that mate. I was down Retford today, some nice lanes down there.

Did you buy your car from a guy called Mark near oxford?

Yeah, it's lovely round here, very hilly (y)

No sorry mate, it was from Ashton under Lynne, near Manchester.

And thanks rob, yes too true, the next build is always better. It's a red cinq, I've always wanted a red one :D I'm picking it up tomorrow, I'll stick a thread up with some pics tomorrow.

On Sunday im stripping the cinq, to save all the parts, including the engine, for the red one. While the engine is out, I'm fitting my uno 45 inlet, newman fast road cam, and spesso head gasket.

The new car will be much better, much tidier too I hope, as my black one was never very tidy.

Metal is replaceable,You are not! Glad you're alright and the next one will be top job!

Cuts, bruises, a few torn muscles but nothing more.

It's almost like someones died. None of the paramedics or police officers could understand why I was so bothered about a, quite clearly, written off hatchback.

It's hard, but I can't dwell on it. Look on the bright side, the second build is, by default, always better than the first! ;)

So yeah, i've already bought another!

got any pic of ****ed up car?

Back