Technical Short circuit traced to the F1 engine compartment 70 amp fuse - Dashboard Unit Supply

Currently reading:
Technical Short circuit traced to the F1 engine compartment 70 amp fuse - Dashboard Unit Supply

I am afraid I have a hospital appointment this afternoon and have to leave around 13:50, probably back around 16:00, but we still have 20 minutes.

With F01 removed, and meter set to 500amps, the needle swept to the right as before but after 10-20 seconds returned to the centre of the readings say 150. It was never steady though with a lot of wavering and some swings to the maximum again but always returnin to around the 150 reading.
Mmm

That's not a good base line of under 100

Yep you have not got a good contact with the leads, as it reconnects the body computer is powering up again and goes back to sleep

Can you post a picture of the fuse box and the location of fuse 01, on my diagrams F01 powers the body computer

Here is the fuse box. F01 70 amps is second from top.

I'm afraid I have to leave now, back around 4pm if you still have the patience for this!

IMG_20240314_134224.jpg

Hello Koalar,

I didn't say that I was trying to sell the car. The auto electrician had supposedly fixed the short and fitted a new battery. It was advertised, and I had a couple of viewings but the new battery then ran down after a couple of days. Not the best thing to happen in the middle of trying to sell. That is why the auto electrician was due to look at it again on Friday, and I was trying to investigate as much as possible myself before his second attempt.

To my surprise someone came to view on Thursday night despite being told about the short. He made an offer which was acceptable to me and yesterday came over to complete the deal.

With your last post and the diagrams I had assumed that it was a hopeless task for me to try and fix, even with your advice, but sorry not to have reported back sooner.

I do appreciate your effort and knowledge. Trust you don't feel it was time wasted.

Thank you

Victor

Thanks for the update

It would have been a pain

Each of the circuits has its own separate fuse

But access means lying on your back and reaching under the dash above the accelerator pedal

I was going to recommend starting with the door motors fuse as the rear hatch has caused drains in the past

Thanks for the update

It would have been a pain

Each of the circuits has its own separate fuse

But access means lying on your back and reaching under the dash above the accelerator pedal

I was going to recommend starting with the door motors fuse as the rear hatch has caused drains in the past
Thanks again, Koalar.

Always good to save any pain. I did look at those fuses and as you say it's easy to put the back out doing it.

Happy Panda-ring.

Victor

Back