General Shocks

Currently reading:
General Shocks

I will be putting some new springs on the rear at some stage. Is it safe to assume if theres nothing leaking from the shocks that theyre ok or can they still be not upto scratch.

If there is absolutely no sign of leaking then they should be ok. As you are replacing the rear springs don't worry, haven't changed the shocks on my Marea Weekend but have on my Brava and think the setup is the same (if not someone will correct me), it was really quick and easy so if the shocks go later it is not a problem.

Last edited:
I did put new shockers on once when the car had a hard to find clunk in the suspension but TBH I now think it did not need them. They were not very expensive and easy to fit and do not involve removing the springs. You can get an idea if the shocks are good by trying to bounce that corner of the car and seeing how quickly it damps down, but the real test is to undo one end of the shock and excercise it through its travel, it should be smooth and very hard to push over its whole stroke. It will be harder to compress than expand, rebound damping is usually lower.

Back