Technical Service questions for my GP

Currently reading:
Technical Service questions for my GP

Markiemark192

'Fight Now Cry Later'
Hi Chaps,

I'm looking for some advice please.
I've owned my Fiat GP for about 7 months now. When I purchased the car it came with a new MOT which isnt due now until November.
The car had its last service in May 2011 @ 36,093 miles.
The car now has almost 45,000 on the clock.
So I know its not due the 18k interval check yet - 54k. But its been a year so it needs a service.
My local Fiat dealer is Vospers.

They have quoted me £460.00 (including a 20% discount). They told me its a big check needed, because its done 45k miles and because its the 4th service they'd have done. (all times the car has been serviced its been by Vospers bar the one time which was its last service May 11).

The other option is Vospers standard service £99 inc a health check.

Please can you tell me if you think it will need such an expensive service or will the cheaper one do until i actually hit the 54,000 miles .

Any help would be really appreciated

Thanks
Mark

What engine and what are they doing as part of that service?

My most expensive service on my AGP has been £420 but that was a 2nd year service with all fluids changed.

I am dreading this Septembers service and insurance all due at once and its my 4th year service!

Its a 1.4 engine

Since the first quote I shopped about a bit and after a few call's we have now agreed the 54k scheduled service for £206.65 (y)
I think they based the first price on the car having Air-Con which mine doesnt just standard fans/air vent

Plus they were probably trying to pull my pants down more to the point :eek:

Just goes to show that its always worth not trusting the first quote.

Back