General Service contract for a Bravo 2007

Currently reading:
General Service contract for a Bravo 2007

tyke71

Please help!

What looks a good offer i am not sure now and having second thoughts and need very good advice.

I have purchased my Bravo 07 from Richard Hardie as a second hand car and have been offered a service contract for the next 3yrs at a cost of £18 month.

What this includes is, 3yrs service and MOT all paid from your monthly payments. On your MOT you are covered upto £750 on :

LIGHTING EQUIPMENT
STEERING & SUSPENSION
FUEL SYSTEM
BRAKING SYSTEM
SEAT BELTS
WINDSCREEN MOTORS AND WIPERS

What concerns me is what will actually be covered against mot failure and also the parts that would fail the mot should be picked up on service before mot.

The catch is anything that fails on mot will after be paid at full price from the dealers.

Also my service schedule is based on 9,000 miles per year, but i only do 4,500 so i can't really see sense in paying £180 for a service when the car will only need a oil and air filter change and fresh oil. Maybe a full service every 2yrs and since i am keeping the car for the next 5yrs will not be worth having Fiat full service and have my local garage to look after it.

I need to inform the local dealers next week about this and would like members opinions before i sign up

Benefits, Fiat service and mot paid for.
Against, Paying full Fiat prices on anything that is not covered when i could get elsewhere and get the local garage to do it and also my local garage charges £25 mot and not £45.

hold on the dealer is offering you a service contract for 18 quid a month i'd snap their hands off for that price. the thing is with your local garage they may not have the specific Fiat oil for your car and could use non genuine parts i made that mistake and i'd never visit another independant dealer. this service contract sounds like a cracking deal. Personally Jasper from one fiat owner to another i would go for it and be on it like a car bonnet!!!!!

Back