Sensible Suggestions Only Please

Currently reading:
Sensible Suggestions Only Please

Kuffy

Can anybody tell me how to open the bonnet on my Fiat Bravo SX, V reg, 16V, Hatchback, The Bonnet release cable has snapped, I have no manual, I have took the radiator grill front cover off, but dont know how to proceed from there, I have tried pushing the hook forward and back, but no luck,,I dont actually know what the locking mechanism consists of, as I bought the car a couple of days ago off my niece, and did'nt know the bonnet did'nt open,, sensible answers only please,, because I know ,,,IT IS NOT JUST STUCK,,,Thank-you in advance,,,,Kuffy

Can anybody tell me how to open the bonnet on my Fiat Bravo SX, V reg, 16V, Hatchback, The Bonnet release cable has snapped, I have no manual, I have took the radiator grill front cover off, but dont know how to proceed from there, I have tried pushing the hook forward and back, but no luck,,I dont actually know what the locking mechanism consists of, as I bought the car a couple of days ago off my niece, and did'nt know the bonnet did'nt open,, sensible answers only please,, because I know ,,,IT IS NOT JUST STUCK,,,Thank-you in advance,,,,Kuffy

I assume that you know for sure its snapped.

This should show you what you're dealing with

http://www.bravo-guide.co.uk/photogal/guidepics/Bonnetpin.pdf

The hook is not the catch, it is the part you press to release the bonnet after the bonnets been pulled. It is red and mounted to underside of bonnet.

The pic shows the part the cable pulls. you're gouing to have to go under the slam panel to reach it.

Back