Technical Selenia K 'Pure Energy' in a 1.4?

Currently reading:
Technical Selenia K 'Pure Energy' in a 1.4?

dank

Noticed that my engine oil was in need of a top up in my 1.4 (Dynamic) Grande Punto, so called the local Fiat dealer and asked if they had any Selenia K in stock.

Went to pick it up (yesterday), and have only now noticed that they've given me Selenia 'K' Pure Energy rather than the bog standard Selenia 'K' stuff

It is SAE 5W-40, but ACEA C3 rather than ACEA A3.

Should I steer clear and get them exchange it, or would it be okay to use in my non-T-Jet model? I'm guessing not, seeing as ACEA C3 is intended for diesels?

Last edited:
Really? It won't cause any damage (however minimal) to the engine?

Last edited:
That suggests it's for newer GPs? Mine's an 06 reg model.

The 'K Pure Energy' supercedes the older 'K' and, like Andy has mentioned, is what Fiat recommends for the current engine range which includes the 1.4 which is exactly the same as yours. Your only problem is if you use a oil of lower quality than 'K'. ;)

Cheers for the replies, chaps!

I'll be sure to top it up tomorrow and fret no more. (y)

Just in case anyone reading this may still have doubts, I have received the following response from Fiat:

With regards to your request, we have been informed that it would be okay to use the Selenia K "Pure Energy" in this vehicle .That is the oil we now specify for this model.

Back