Seicento Amp installation

Currently reading:
Seicento Amp installation

Ahh i cant install on the parcel shelf as I sometimes need to remove it when I got the pram and lots of shopping, the enclosures I got are fairly good though and they don't take up much room so I can still get pram and shopping in the boot.

It probably was you I was stuck behind then, I don't imagine there are many metallic orange sei's with forum stickers in Northampton. :)

You should see it actually is really neat, they have fitted a plug soo it is removable

Probably was me to me honest im always driving into Moulton Park From wellingborough at around 10 past 8 and then the other way between 5 and 6 Pm

Yeah it was you then cos it was about 8am on the a43 average speed bit near Weston Favell. If I am on night shifts and finish at 7am I am normally on that bit of road around 8 am.
Keep an eye out for a light metallic blue sei SX blaring out heavy metal with a 6ft2 bloke looking like he is driving from the back seat lol

I think I may have solved my volume issue! :D

What I have done is install some extra speakers :D

Before I got my 6x9's I had some small eltax concept mini home cinema speakers wired in under the front seats.
These speakers were pretty good and seriously impressed me how good they sounded. They went nice and loud and sounded pretty good but lacked the low end thump so I got the 6x9's to mount under the seat in their place.

The 6x9's gave me good bass but were slightly too big to go under the seats so they ended up in the boot where they sound really good nice and bassy but lacking in volume.

What I have now done is reinstall the eltax speakers under the front seats and wired them in series with the fronts, effectively turning my car into 2 giant 3way speakers :D

So I have the bass from the 6x9's rumbling from the boot, mid range coming from under the seats, and treble coming from the dash and it sounds pretty good.

I also have the loudness turned on as suggested and it seems to be doing the trick, I shall report back after I get it on the drive to work and get it upto motorway speeds.

Oh before anybody says anything about the home cinema speakers, they are only small (approx same size driver as dashboard) and they are rated 4-8 ohms which is what the head unit puts out, the head unit seems to cope with them very well.

Here is a link to the eltax speakers if anyone is interested
http://www.richersounds.com/product/bookshelf-speakers/eltax/concept-mini/elta-concept-mini-bk

Last edited:
Well after my drive to work yesterday I have decided that the sound system is still not how I want it, however after playing with the settings I have noticed if I adjust the high pass filter to remove the bass from the speakers the distortion goes so I am thinking about getting an underseat subwoofer and setting it up as a 4.1 system with sub doing most of the work.

To be honest I was gonna go for an underseat sub before but then changed my mind thinking I could get good sound cheaper using 6x9's etc but at obviously hasn't worked lol

http://www.caraudiocentre.co.uk/product_m-in-phase-usw10_p-25817.htm

Here is the sub I am thinking of getting it's expensive but everywhere I looked it gets v good reviews and it will fit nicely under the drivers seat :D

funny thing is yesterday i was driving down the m1 with my window down at outside lane speeds towards sheff stereo was set as i said in my early post with bass around 6 rest as stated, using a blackberry via bluetooth playing Elena - 115 (black ops zombie easter egg from kino der toten) on volume 25 blackberry play volume 2 clicks from max and i couldnt hear the road btw i also have a speedtek exhaust on the car so its a little noisy a sub will make a hell of a diffrenece mount your 6x9's on the parcel shelf with quick release connections so can be removed easily and whalla NOISE >.<

song that was on ;-)

Last edited:
Well the original plan when I first got given the car was to put an underseat sub in and have a 2.1 system, but because I didn't have the funds at the time I just stuck the home cinema speakers under the seats which sounded ok.

I was initially worried about getting the sub because I was worried about wiring it up, the biggest fear is that it would stay on after I have finished using it as the stereo is permanently on as there is no switched supply. Now to get over the stereo staying on I always remove the front when I get out and that turns it off nicely. Now the head unit has a remote wire for amps which I guess will turn the sub off when I take the front off the stereo, if not the head unit has an auto off setting which should defiantly turn it off. As for the rest of the wiring, thanks to this thread that's no longer a worry. Now just gotta get £170 for the sub lol.

Back