General Sei Supersprint Exhaust Question

Currently reading:
General Sei Supersprint Exhaust Question

blu73

The Force is strong with this one.
Staff member
Hi peeps,
I recently bought a supersprint backbox for my Sei and have since discovered that where it joins on my car is welded. Now as far as i'm aware cinqs don't have a mid-silencer but the Sei has.
I have a few options here, i can either:
1. garage it and get the box welded to mid-silencer
2. get a new pipe fabricated and welded in between the cat and new back box thus removing the mid-silencer
3. get a supersprint middle section. which unlike the cinq one replaces the cat with a sports cat.

I am just wondering if anyone has one of these supersprint middle sections or not and whether the sports cat is gonna pass a MOT on emissions or not, most likely looking at option 2 i think but thought i'd ask first.

Cheers
Chris

Supersprint have discontinued the centre decat pipe :( Tried to get one myself. As it happens, as I type this the car is at the local exhaust place. Their bending and welding me a centre pipe with removeable cat section. I would ditch the centre box, just how Supersprint intended!

Thats the plan at the mo, gonna get a pipe made to replace centre section with no silencer but just upto the cat, not sure whether i'll get it made so the cat can be removed yet. I'm a bit to lazy to be changing exhaust bits every year just for an mot and change it back
Would be interested to see what the emissions would be without a cat on though.

Some pics that may help?

SeicentoSportingSPIExhaust.bmp

CinqSportingExhaust.bmp

SeiSportingMPI.gif

Not seeing how making a removeable cat is gonna save me any money in the future as it in front of where my problem is as the pics show.... :confused: (not intending on removing my cat anytime soon if ever) my exhaust is like the one in the first pic that liams posted, the supersprint back box goes right upto the middle silencer so i am intending to get a pipe made up that will clamp on the cat like on the top pic and then either clamp or be welded onto the back box (not sure which, clamps will probably be best i guess). That sound like the best plan to you?

Liam, could you tell us which setup is from which car? bottom one is an MPI but I have a mixture of the top two :S

Back