Scrap value

Currently reading:
Scrap value

JustAndy

Doesn't own a fiat..
Does anyone know how much i would get for a fiat punto mk2 in scrap value? Never scrapped anything before and i dont have a clue how it works tbh.
If anyone is wondering why im asking this, im thinking about getting another punto with a few mods already done, swapping all the sporting parts of my car over then scrapping my car because of the wiring issue it has. Or selling it with active interior and some horrible alloys on on the net which im not sure would fetch much money at all by downgrading my puntos interior and alloys onto a sporting.
Cheers guys and sorry if this is in the wrong section at all

You'd get more money stripping and selling as parts i think.

could always try your local garages as well. most the local dealers are looking for stock. Got offered between £1600 - £2000 for a MK2b. i expect a mk2 to fetch between £1200 - £1500. But thats for a good condition, is yours running again Andy?

You'd get more money stripping and selling as parts i think.

could always try your local garages as well. most the local dealers are looking for stock. Got offered between £1600 - £2000 for a MK2b. i expect a mk2 to fetch between £1200 - £1500. But thats for a good condition, is yours running again Andy?

Yeah its running better than it ever has now! Its just the airbag lights are on and apparently theres an electrical gremlin somewhere messing it about sometimes

i would say then try and sell it privatly for £1000 and dont go any lower than £700 thats good value for someone who has a little time on there hands to sort it

Yeah its running better than it ever has now! Its just the airbag lights are on and apparently theres an electrical gremlin somewhere messing it about sometimes

Does it have seat airbags? If so, have a peek under the seat and press together any connectors you can see.

i would say then try and sell it privatly for £1000 and dont go any lower than £700 thats good value for someone who has a little time on there hands to sort it
I suppose your right, but i cant really advertise it as a sporting if it doesnt have any sporting parts left on it lol so im not sure what i could get for it because it would be an active sporting mk2 technically because of the active interior and no side skirts or spoiler

I suppose your right, but i cant really advertise it as a sporting if it doesnt have any sporting parts left on it lol so im not sure what i could get for it because it would be an active sporting mk2 technically because of the active interior and no side skirts or spoiler

It would just been an Active :( the Active Sports have a slightly different interior and have the spoiler too.

even so, you should get £1000 private sale as a Active. The 1.2l engine is what people are looking for in those cars.

It would just been an Active :( the Active Sports have a slightly different interior and have the spoiler too.

even so, you should get £1000 private sale as a Active. The 1.2l engine is what people are looking for in those cars.
But the insurance quotes say sporting so if i sold it as an active people might wonder why its got all active interior in it. Tbh if i got the money from my car to pay for this other punto id be happy because its got cheaper insurance then my sporting with the 8v engine instead

But the insurance quotes say sporting so if i sold it as an active people might wonder why its got all active interior in it. Tbh if i got the money from my car to pay for this other punto id be happy because its got cheaper insurance then my sporting with the 8v engine instead

Its got to be sold as what the insurance call it then. unless you call up the DVLA and have the cars spec changed to match the registration. something like that

Its got to be sold as what the insurance call it then. unless you call up the DVLA and have the cars spec changed to match the registration. something like that
Yeah thats what i was thinking, would i have to have all the active spec in it though and if i took my sporting side skirts off would it leave any holes in the side?

Yeah thats what i was thinking, would i have to have all the active spec in it though and if i took my sporting side skirts off would it leave any holes in the side?

Whatever its reclassed as has to match the basic spec of the model you are changing it too.

Dont think the skirts will, should be clipped on i think. or adhesive.

He was thinking of taking off those parts. and classing it Active Sport.

But active sport came with Spoiler as standard.

No reason it cant be an Active
Id best take the "sporting" badge off the back then :eek:
Well im gonna go look at the other punto properly tomorrow but i noticed that there was a slight dent in the roof of it but the garage can also do body repairs so id get them to sort that and the odd scratch and maybe give them the asking price for it if its still there. i dont wanna tell you the 2 main mods it has because if i get it, i want it to be a surprise but lets just say 1 of them is what ive wanted done since i first got mine :D
How would i change mine to an active, just ring up the dvla and tell them i wanna change it?

Yeah, call up the DVLA, same process as declaring a color change.

But you need to make sure what is on the car is on the active. it needs to match or excell the standard spec.

use this guide on parkers to match it up;

http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/equipment/Summary.aspx?model=232

as for the modded punto. i presume its something on this quoted list...

Lower by35mm on gmax springs
Tint rear 3 windows as dark as possible
Tint rear lights and side repeaters
Mesh the front bumper
Fit an induction kit
Paint my sporting alloys black
Angel eyes
De-tango
Brighter bulbs possibly HID's
Remove bump strips
Smooth bumpers
Smooth bonnet
Front splitter (subtle one like a stilo splitter)
Paint my drums and calipers black
Remap
Matt black sun strip
Few exterior vinyls
Remove vinyl from door pillars
New exhaust because my other one is rusty as hell

would it even matter ?? just change it to standard 1.2 16v punto and not a sporting. or does active come up on the V5

Just had a look at my v5 and it just says 1.2 16v so could i change it to an elx model? Because the actives dont have the 6 speed box or a 16v engine. Actually not even sure if the elx has a 6 speed box or not.

would it even matter ?? just change it to standard 1.2 16v punto and not a sporting. or does active come up on the V5

My V5 says Active Sport.

It matters because it comes up on insurance. If his insurer says its a sporting its because the DVLA registered it so. No point paying extra for whats not there.

Get it declared with the DVLA so insurers see ELX/Active/AS against the Regestration (y)

Last edited:
Back