General Sat nav

Currently reading:
General Sat nav

bigbadpod

Hello all, I'm considering buying a used tom tom with cradle for my daughter's 2010 fiat 500, as a wee extra Christmas present.
Question is, will it be worth the £140+ price tag, or will it be so out of date that it's a waste of money? There's a couple for sale on ebay at the moment. Cheers

Hello all, I'm considering buying a used tom tom with cradle for my daughter's 2010 fiat 500, as a wee extra Christmas present.
Question is, will it be worth the £140+ price tag, or will it be so out of date that it's a waste of money? There's a couple for sale on ebay at the moment. Cheers
That's pretty expensive; ebay prices have gone crazy lately. How old is the unit? I still use the Blue&Me Tomtom I bought when I purchased my car ten years ago. The maps are out of date but it isn't a major issue to me and in any case I mainly use it to control the music on the usb drive; selecting albums, tracks etc. Beats trying to do it through the steering wheel buttons believe me! I bought a second one a few years later as a back-up and a few months ago replaced the batteries in both.

A new satnav would be a better bet but won't interface with the car's Blue&Me.

If you go ahead and it's a 4CS03 model contact me as I've got a couple of spare batteries due to a mistake by the seller.

If it were me I would buy a new one. At least then you have a warranty. Not sure how much a new one is.
I have a Tom Tom about 4-5 years old with no issues to speak off.
It is always updating speed cameras, with an occasional large map update.
Roads do change, sometimes quite quickly. Very rarely it has sent me down a road that is shut for whatever reason. So I just ignore it and go by old fashioned road signs.

I'd suggest not bothering with the blue and me satnav as these are pretty dated now, any you buy used will need the maps updating and if your daughter changes cars or goes somewhere in a friends car, the cradle will not fit in anything other than a fiat. other than displaying a few things which you can get up on the dash anyway the blue and me Satnav has very little benefit.

Just get a modern/new satnav

Thanks for all the replies. I did feel a 10+ year old unit was quite pricey at that, maybe at £50 I'd take a chance but not three times that. It was just to use the nifty wee port on the dash, but I might just guddle in about that and use the wires to hardwire the dash cam, and buy another satnav.

Back