General Roof bars

Currently reading:
General Roof bars

Don't know if it applies to your car, but I was advised by my dealer that they are 'incompatible' with the sunroof I've ordered.

Can't quite see why myself as they seem to sit between the gutter and the doors, which is unchanged with the addition of the sunroof - unless the bars foul the roof when it opens... Good thing we're keeping my Mondeo Estate as a load lugger (although the missus will have to wave goodbye to her '98 punto sporting)

The Bravo at my local dealer has the roof bars fitted - if no-one has replied by the weekend, I may use this as a flimsy excuse to pop down and have another look!

Basically looking to take up kayaking again so I'd be carrying a kayak once a week.

Did you buy the bars, Hellcat? Possibly looking for a set for bike mounting (not mountain biking lol) :)

im looking at getting back into moutain biking and am looking at the roof option for the bikes as i dont like rear holders and dont want to have to get lightboards etc. (also the one i have rests on rear screen of cars so no good for cars with automatic rear wipers (come on if wipers on and select reverse))

Fiat bars are about £105 from Fiat - Thule do almost the same kit but costs about £110 - then you rack...I was going to go towball but decided against it as I can't afford it. Looking at the roofbars now as I already have the bike racks...might see if my mate can score me some on discount though!

i have a set and i must say they were not the easiest to fit, must of taken me 1 hour and one of the fiat bolts threaded, once on they dont look to bad, may have a pic somewhere,

one word of warning if you are trying to get them from fiat it may be a wait! i ended up getting mine from wrexham, but it was a 170 mile trip worth while...

as for damage, they have left a few small marks from the rubber, nothing a good polish wont sort though..

I saw a set of roof bars listed on e-bay this evening. They claim to be genuine fiat.

Well I won the auction so hopefully will have the bars by the weekend...and get to try the new bike on the new bike rack on the new bars! Rather happy with it to be honest as I wasn't expecting to win them.

please let us know how you manage to fix the bike rack (and what type) to the rof bars. I have the bars and once I had worked out that the width needed adjusting to enable them to fit, they look just fine (as roof bars go).

Slightly off topic, has anyone fitted a rear mounted bike rack?

I have kayaks but I am looking for roof rails/bars to fit the brava WITHOUT clamping on the seals of the doors. Previous roof rack damages the seals and rain leaks in when the roof bars are on. Anyone got any suggestions or know of an alternative??

Cheers

I did a search for bars on the web and none of the solutions mounted without using the roof sections under the seals...I don't think there is an alternative - unless you get an inflatable rack? Only really any use for your kayaks, but some kayak shops sell them - they strp under the roof (inside the car) and you then inflate them and they give you a 'rack' to sit your kayaks on...

I have kayaks but I am looking for roof rails/bars to fit the brava WITHOUT clamping on the seals of the doors. Previous roof rack damages the seals and rain leaks in when the roof bars are on. Anyone got any suggestions or know of an alternative??

Cheers

i can tell you now you will not get any rain in through the seals, i had mine on for 3 weeks and it rained every day they were on, end result not a spot of water on the inside!

Back