Technical Reverse light wire

Currently reading:
Technical Reverse light wire

Racker_CRO

Hi all,

My son owns Grande Punto LHD (I was proud owner for Punto Mk2 and Stilo). Yesterday we installed new dashcam which also has rear camera. I've manged to remove passenger floor panel and get wires for rear camera from front dashboard to boot and through license plate bulb holder to rear camera which has been put above license plate. Everything works fine but rear camera cable has purple wire alongside connector which should be connected to reverse light (positive). Once car has been put into reverse camera will automatically switch to rear view. I'm not to keen to remove whole back bumper so can someone tell me how to find which wire in boot is for reverse light?

Thank you in advance.

Last edited:
Here's what you need...

BRs, Bernie

If someone here helped You fix -or better, understand- your issue, hit the thanks icon @ bottom right corner, it's free and makes us feel helpy ;-)

Attachments

• Reverse light.JPG
    Reverse light.JPG
    75.3 KB · Views: 405
  • Reverse light 2.JPG
    Reverse light 2.JPG
    160.9 KB · Views: 398
  • Wires color codes.JPG
    Wires color codes.JPG
    49.8 KB · Views: 390
Thank you for schematics. By reading them I need white wire to tap into. I just hope rear fog bulb is not using same coloring :D.

Thank you for schematics. By reading them I need white wire to tap into. I just hope rear fog bulb is not using same coloring :D.

No worries, it doesn't ...

BRs, Bernie

If someone here helped You fix -or better, understand- your issue, hit the thanks icon @ bottom right corner, it's free and makes us feel helpy ;-)

Attachments

• Rear fog light.JPG
    Rear fog light.JPG
    73.8 KB · Views: 137
So today I managed to connect reverse camera to reverse light. It was white wire with black stripes. White wire is for rear lights, just in case anyone else will need it.

Regards.

Seems they've somehow started to use different wire color ... ?

Cheers, Bernie

Back