Technical rev counter wiring [Punto mk1 TD 70]

Currently reading:
Technical rev counter wiring [Punto mk1 TD 70]

MatteoIT

Hello, I had to replace the instruments cluster (the entry level one with no rev counter and just the high temperature warning light) because the tachometer was not working.
I got one with the rev counter and now I would like to make it working.
Anyone can tell me how to wire it? Many thanks :wave:

flisko I have read that guide, but I guess it's for the petrol model, not for the diesel I have.
I already have the blue wire in the right pin in the dash, I have checked the wire from the sensor on the flywheel to the pin in the dash, but I have checked that I haven't any tension in the sensor itself.
According to Haynes manual the sensor is also wired to the EGR control unit either with the blue wire and the white/green wire.
I suppose the W/G wire would be the tension to the sensor, so maybe I have a faulty EGR control unit?
I have also checked the resistence of the sensor and it correctly is 700 ohm.
Any input much appreciated

Yes, I can confirm that diesel has already it wiered (I checked this), but it isn't plug&play.
I took the car to a car-electrician who checked the speedo on a special diagnostic tool, so I am sure the speedo is OK. We also checked the resistance across the engine speed sensor and it is 700 ohm, as required by the specifications.
Something isn't correct but we cannot spot it out :mad:

Back