Technical Rev counter feed. ?

Currently reading:
Technical Rev counter feed. ?

I think the clocks work from the canbus system,

For 5 Euros for an obd2 Bluetooth adaptor and a copy of torque for your phone you'll have rev counter and any other dial you like including mpg and average mpg if tested all on my panda and it works but I don't need as I have the higher model with all that stuff anyway.

IMO it's not worth adding a rev counter all the after market ones look way too fast and furious for a 1.1 panda, if not I think a set of clocks off a higher model would work.

...if not I think a set of clocks off a higher model would work.

If they do, you'll probably need a copy of multiecuscan (MES) to proxi align the dash, and correct the mileage. :idea:

Note to the OP: if you do find a set of replacement clocks, ensure the mileage on them is lower -- as MES will only increase the mileage. :nono:

So, in simple terms a pain in the butt to do.

No: it's dead easy -- or at least it was on my Punto. 20 minutes at most. You just need to have a copy of MES to get the new cluster talking to the body computer, etc. (the proxi aligning); and to correct the mileage. :cool:

MES is so useful for all aspects of electronic maintenance -- and on all FIATs, Alfas, etc.... -- that it's definitely worth owning a copy, along with the requisite leads (providing you have a Windows-based laptop or netbook, of course...). (y)

No: it's dead easy -- or at least it was on my Punto. 20 minutes at most. You just need to have a copy of MES to get the new cluster talking to the body computer, etc. (the proxi aligning); and to correct the mileage. :cool:

MES is so useful for all aspects of electronic maintenance -- and on all FIATs, Alfas, etc.... -- that it's definitely worth owning a copy, along with the requisite leads (providing you have a Windows-based laptop or netbook, of course...). (y)
So, i can romove a rev-less one like this:

$_12.JPG

And instal a rev version like this:

$_12.JPG

And make it work. ??

Instrument cluster was not working propely, maybe because of lacking wiper-stalk with trip button.
It was stuck in trip and i could not get it to full distance km teller.
Also the digi display was not reacting on a open door.

Last edited:
Instrument cluster was not working propely, maybe because of lacking wiper-stalk with trip button.
It was stuck in trip and i could not get it to full distance km teller.
Also the digi display was not reacting on a open door.

Did you proxi align it to the cars body computer and canbus system?

That's odd, I plugged in a 1.2 panda cluster into my 1.1 and it worked right off the bat. Did not need anything new/extra/calibrated.

That's odd, I plugged in a 1.2 panda cluster into my 1.1 and it worked right off the bat. Did not need anything new/extra/calibrated.

Slightly more basic canbus system on the Active spec potentially. You'll not have been able to use the trip function though without the wiper stalk setup with the trip button.

Back