Posted by Palio
Santa Pod Raceway, Northants
Sunday, June 22, 2014 - 01:00 AM
Until: Sunday, June 22, 2014 - 04:00 AM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates
Santa Pod isn't far away but I would suggest you come in from the Bozeat on the Harrold Road and not via signposts through Wollaston [I am presuming it is going to be a big show or not??]

Does anyone want to come past mine first - I am right near J15 of the M1 - so happy to pass across any banners but we will need them back for Stanford the following week.

Santa Pod isn't far away but I would suggest you come in from the Bozeat on the Harrold Road and not via signposts through Wollaston [I am presuming it is going to be a big show or not??]

Does anyone want to come past mine first - I am right near J15 of the M1 - so happy to pass across any banners but we will need them back for Stanford the following week.

I could pick them up early for the show (If they are required) and then bring them to SH the week after (or drop them off afterwards), but I won't be there for the putting up of the tent as I'll be coming up on the Sunday.

I could pick them up early for the show (If they are required) and then bring them to SH the week after (or drop them off afterwards), but I won't be there for the putting up of the tent as I'll be coming up on the Sunday.

You could give them to me. Should be there sat and Sunday.

Are they free standing? We won't have much room based on previous Santa Pod shows, and we will be on concrete too, so nothing can go into the ground.

If a couple of smaller banners are suitable & scout can pick them up (I'm not going to offer as it's early enough for me as it is!!! :rolleyes: ), and Freebo can take them back, that all sounds fine. There that was easy! (y)

Are they free standing? We won't have much room based on previous Santa Pod shows, and we will be on concrete too, so nothing can go into the ground.

If a couple of smaller banners are suitable & scout can pick them up (I'm not going to offer as it's early enough for me as it is!!! :rolleyes: ), and Freebo can take them back, that all sounds fine. There that was easy! (y)

Swooper flags are the best ones as they have bases for concrete. Just drive one wheel over them (y)

Swooper dooper (sorry :eek: ), a couple of those sound perfick then. :)

You've got me singing Abba songs, now.... :eek:

When my son was little, this was his version.... :D

Su-per-per du-per-per, sitting on the poo-per-per:
What am I to do (per-per, per-per)?
Sitting on the loo (per-per, per-per):
Do-oo-ing a number two.

The map and final destructions are now at the top of the thread. Any questions or problems please let me know.

Cheers, Gavin. (y)

Edit: for anyone interested the Strada won't be making an appearance sadly :( I'm just not well enough to go and get it, polish it, etc. I've got 127's here and clean(ish), so sensible head says just take something easy! Maybe Castle Combe though..... :idea:

Last edited:
I will just take a look in the garage - it will be the swooper flags only plus the wheel stands - they should be to hand.

What time would you be past scout?

How early do you want him to collect them???!! At a guess any time from about 5am will be fine! :D This is why Bob's collecting them - I'm going to struggle to manage Tesco for 9am tbh...... :rolleyes:

Doesn't look like a bad position we are in, not been to a show at Santa Pod apart from the FIA Top Fuel events so will be strange to see it without all the big lorries in the pit.

Having been there before, that's the position I wanted - if anyone doesn't like it, I'm to blame!

We should be able to watch the track finish line from our stand (y) We are also near to food & facilities, and should be slightly less crowded than the clubs nearer the start line. :)

It took a long time to decide on which car I was bringing tomorrow. In the end, I picked this one... -- it's only under a car cover (a cheapo one; not like the posh thing that's kept Betty warm all winter (and spring)) because the oak tree it's parked under is dropping sap (probably from insects, rather than the tree itself...) like mad; and I didn't want to have to clean it again, tomorrow.... :eek:

Any guesses? :confused:

And Palio is excluded -- as he obviously knows what car it is! :p

No prizes, I'm afraid (unless I can think of something...) -- as I haven't the budget for a Sisley-branded compass...! :D

All will obviously be revealed at Wellingborough Tesco (oh, the glamour...), tomorrow morning...! :cool:

Back