Styling Replacing lower grill? ahhhhh!!

Currently reading:
Styling Replacing lower grill? ahhhhh!!

Wackyracer

I know this has been covered erm alot but no matter what advice ive been told .. lining the clips up pushing gently, pushing hard ,, smacking it and even trying to start one end move to the other pushing as i go it just refuses to go back on, im pushing it with that much force the whole bumper is flexing and smacking it doesnt get me anywhere.:bang:

I now ofc regret taking the dam thing out but is there any other way that anyone can think of that might work that desnt involve removing the bumper as i dont know how to and i expect its a timly proccess.

please help

TBH, the only way to 100% get it to fit correctly in all the clips, is to remove the bumper and support the back to stop it flexing away while you push the grille clips through.

A lot of the time the grille 'looks' like it's in, but if you looked from behind you'd see not all the clips are engaged.

ahh well not the best news but atleast it'll be on for good this time, how easy is the bumper to remove?

You don't need to remove the bumper to do it. All you need is that special FIAT tool......a hammer. And I'm NOT joking.

Take the top grill out (just pull like mad)....pop a hammer in the hole and support the middle of the bumper with the hammer from behind, apply a little outwards force to stop the bumper bending in when you push the grille in......and just like that you've fixed it.

Pop the top grille in and away you go ;)

You don't need to remove the bumper to do it. All you need is that special FIAT tool......a hammer. And I'm NOT joking.

Take the top grill out (just pull like mad)....pop a hammer in the hole and support the middle of the bumper with the hammer from behind, apply a little outwards force to stop the bumper bending in when you push the grille in......and just like that you've fixed it.

Pop the top grille in and away you go ;)

Ha thanks you were right but i thought hmm i'll get the fiat guy to smack it with his experience hitting hammer lol, looks the dogs now that the grills are matching in gloss black just gota wait to get my mirror covers back from the paint shop :D thanks for the help guys

Back